Tonight I made a delicious dinner that I just had to share with all of you! Eating well in pregnancy is very important – as you all know – and unfortunately, you can’t live off chocolate cake and ice cream (you could give it your very best shot though!). Recently I’ve been craving a lot of salmon; not smoked of course as you’re not supposed to eat that whilst pregnant *single tear*. I can’t get enough of the gorgeous coral-pink fish; it’s a fabulous source of Omega-3 fatty-acids (good fat), vitamins A, B and D, calcium and iron. I’ve created the following recipe for a great, healthy dinner that your Other Half will enjoy as well.
Baked Salmon with roasted sweet potatoes, garlic and asparagus (Serves 2)
– 2 portions of salmon fillet – the “meatiest” part is on the tail – 1 lemon – Sea salt (for seasoning) – Black pepper (for seasoning) – Chilli oil/Chilli flakes and olive oil – 1 large sweet potato – 4 cloves of garlic – Dried rosemary – 1 pack of asparagus – Spray oil
– Two ceramic roasting dishes or equivalent
– A saucepan
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total cooking time: 30-35 minutes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200oC (Fan assisted: 180oC).
2. Peel the sweet potato and cut into chunks. Remove the skin from the garlic cloves, cut off the ends and halve. Spray the base of one of the ceramic roasting dishes with the oil. Place the sweet potato chunks in the dish and spray with oil. Season and sprinkle the dried rosemary on the potato chunks – give the dish a shake to ensure all chunks are seasoned and place on top shelf in oven for 30-35 minutes.
3. Place enough foil in second dish to be able to create a parcel once your salmon goes in. Place salmon in foil. Squeeze lemon over salmon, season with black pepper and salt and drizzle chilli oil on fish. Close foil to create parcel. Put in oven 15 minutes after sweet potatoes for 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
4. Boil asparagus for 1-2 minutes (depending on how al dente you like it!). Drain.
Serve with a little low fat mayonnaise and drizzle some of the oil left over from the salmon on top! Et voilà! Your scrummy, healthy dinner is ready to eat!
Let me know if you enjoy this recipe! And once again – have a wonderful weekend!