These are a few of my favourite things…
I’ve gone over all Julie Andrews! I have decided that if I like this parenting malarkey, I might just become Mary Poppins.
|Image from here|
I received my first Tesco Baby and Toddler Club magazine in the post today, which had a Top 10 “What mums’ love most about being pregnant” in with the coupons (got to love a freebie!). I have to say reading through these I did feel concerned for the human race, so I thought I’d share these with you too.
Top 10 aspects of pregnancy*
1. Eating more (89%)
2. Exercising less (74%)
3. Feeling your baby move (71%)
4. Buying a new wardrobe (67%)
5. The general feeling of being pregnant (64%)
6. Being given seats on public transport (54%)
7. Having an excuse to lie-in (51%)
8. Your partner paying you extra special attention (46%)
9. Having an excuse not to socialise (38%)
10. Work colleagues giving you extra consideration (32%)
*(According to a study of 1,181 UK mothers by myvouchercodes.co.uk in July 2012)
My favourite things about being pregnant:
– Feeling the little monkey inside me squirming and moving – even at 3am in the morning when I’m trying to sleep. Honest!
– Watching my Bump grow in fascination from a flat stomach *cough* into a round belly
– Knowing that my Bump will one day be a cute, pudgy baby who cries a lot, but whom we shall love unconditionally
– Extra cuddles and foot massages from Nick
– Not feeling that guilty for eating chocolate, cake or ice cream
What was/is your favourite thing about being pregnant? Can you relate to the Tesco Top 10? Comment below or tweet me!
I’m feeling rather achy and grumpy this evening after having my whooping cough and flu jabs today – looking forward to a long soak in the bath! I am very happy though, as I only have 19 days left at work until my maternity leave starts!
I hope your Monday has gone well.