The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 300 followers. A blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers and asks them a set of 11 questions. The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination. The nominee will write 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions which have been set for them. They in turn will nominate another 11 bloggers and pose 11 questions to them. This is a really fun way to discover and connect with new bloggers and help us all gain some new followers along the way.
A huge thanks to the lovely Julia of Tea Cake and My Boy for nominating me! So, here are the 11 random facts about myself:
1. I’m 25, and the first girl in my group of friends from college and uni to have a baby. For some reason 25 is considered young to have a baby “these days”, but I think it’s a good, appropriate age.
2. I have a 2:1 BA(Hons) in English Literature and Drama from the University of East Anglia. Since leaving uni I haven’t really used my degree, and quite frequently regret not doing something more focused towards a future career.
3. I’m considering going back to university to study for a Masters in Journalism.
4. I’m a pretty good singer, but following an incident on stage at uni (I froze) I haven’t been able to get back on a stage since.
5. I’d love to be able to go back on stage and sing again.
6. When I was little I wanted to be an Olympic Show-jumper “when I grew up”. That, a RSPCA Inspector, or a West-end musical theatre “star”.
7. I met my fiancé Nick at a work retirement party where we laughed hysterically over the dubious white icing on a chocolate cake. We talked until last orders in the pub that night, he walked me to the bus stop and gave me a gentlemanly hug – from that moment I knew there was something special about him!
8. I’m obsessed with stationery. I love it. I have a tiny orgasm every time I step into Paperchase.
9. I am a cheese addict. One of the most difficult things I found about being pregnant was not being able to eat brie and blue cheese.
10. Before I fell pregnant I suffered from endometriosis, and had been told that I’d probably find conceiving difficult. Busby was a surprise! And a miracle; I’d been due to start hormone treatment for the endometriosis a week before I found out I was pregnant. Luckily my doctor hadn’t received the letter from my consultant; otherwise I probably would have lost the baby.
11. I am terrified of wasps… To the point where I refused to eat outside when I was younger, and if I had to I’d come out into the garden head-to-toe in clothes, with minimal skin showing, so the wasps couldn’t sting me.
Now, to answer the questions which have been set for me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I first started blogging as a platform to share my crafty creations. Once I found out I was pregnant I started my Bump, Baby and Bunting blog to document our journey into parenthood. 2. Earliest memory?
Being woken up from an afternoon nap by my dad pretending to be a dog, barking. He was hiding in my room and I remember saying “oh Daddy, I know that’s you!” 3. Biscuits or cake?
Cake! 4. Most embarrassing moment?
There are so many… I have a tendency to put my foot in it and embarrass myself frequently. Honestly, I can’t think of one specific moment. I am a total Bridget Jones. 5. Where do you like going on holiday?
Germany. I love Germany! Mostly Berlin, but Bavaria is so beautiful. 6. Tea or coffee drinker?
Tea all the way. 7. If you won the lottery how would you spend it?
I’d buy us a house (with stables)…or a farm. I’d also buy my Mutti a house. 8. What’s your favourite season and why?
Winter – I love the dark evenings, and being snuggled up with a glass of wine. There’s something so beautiful about the harshness of winter; the rain, the leafless trees, the huge waves in the sea. Stunning. 9. What are your hobbies?
Crafting: I like to try my hand at everything but I enjoy sewing on my machine and working with felt (which I sew by hand).
Writing: My blog obviously, but also have a couple of other projects on the go.
Baking: Unfortunately, our new house has the most appalling oven I’ve ever come across (it’s basically a lamp), but I love baking and creating my own recipes.
Horse riding: When I get the opportunity to go!
Reading: I love a good book.
10. What couldn’t you live without (phone not included)?
Nick, Busby…and the internet. 11. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Berlin: It’s such an amazing city, filled with so much history and culture. Plus German food is delicious!
Grasmere, Lake District: Nick took me to the Lakes in 2011, and I fell in love with the place. It’s so peaceful and beautiful.
Now the 11 bloggers I wish to nominate (sorry if you have already been nominated previously…also, sorry if your blog does have more than 300 followers – I couldn’t see on some of them, but enjoy your blogs thoroughly so thought I’d share!):