Hello! And welcome to this week’s edition of “What’s in your changing bag?”; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn’t possibly live without!
This week I asked one of the loveliest and kindest people I know, Hannah from Cupcake Mumma “What’s in your changing bag?”
So Hannah (great name by the way), tell us a little bit about yourself:
I’m Hannah; Mother of two (Midge, 5 and Little A, 2) wife to one, living in not so sunny Cornwall! I like to blog, bake and spend far too much time on Twitter!
Don’t we all?!
What is your favourite thing about being a Mutti?
What three words would you use to describe Motherhood?
Finally, how do you preserve/maintain your sense of self?
I make sure I still do things that are important to me. I get a long hot shower (alone!) a couple of times a week, and I paint my nails once in a while. Blogging is a hobby of mine, and I really enjoy it so I make sure I do it often. Overall, I believe the dishes or laundry pile can wait, I’m more important than the housework!
So very true… until you end up with a mountain of washing and no clothes!
Ok, lets get down to business! Firstly, your changing bag.
My bag is a (very) oversized hand bag made by Hurleys. It’s my favourite, and is much better looking than your average changing bag!
What are the five items in your changing bag that you just can’t live without?
1. Pot of Gold Baby Balm: This stuff is great! It’s completely natural and just perfect for my sons skin. It cleared my terribly chapped lips after a long walking trip, and also cleared up my daughters terribly sore ears. This stuff is brilliant and goes everywhere with us because it’s great for all the family!
2. Piles of Aldi’s nappies: Aldi and Lidl make the best nappies in my opinion! My 2 year old doesn’t need changing that often anymore, but you can guarantee that if I don’t have a nappy when we go out he will do a treat for you! They’re the only nappies that I’ve used that don’t leak.
3. Huggies Wipes: I buy these from our local pound stretcher as I think they’re really expensive, but they’re the best wipes! I use them for all sorts of things; bottom changes, wiping messy/sticky hands… Perfect!
4. ‘Blankie’: Little A’s blanket has to go everywhere with him, and it’s not worth the headache to forget it!!
5. Snacks/Juice: I always have a handy drink or snack on me when out and about with both children. They can stave off a tantrum when I’m not close to home for lunch, or can be a fab distraction from something they can’t have in a store!
Top tips there, Hannah! I love the photo of you, Little A and “blankie”. Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us. You can find Hannah’s lovely blog here. Hannah also tweets as @CupcakeMumma11