What’s in your changing bag? // Becky from Magnificent Stanley
Welcome to this week’s “What’s in your changing bag?”; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn’t possibly live without!
This week I’m joined by fellow Lewes Mummy, Becky (@wardrobee), with whom incidentally I attend postnatal classes with!
So Becky – lovely photo! Tell us a little bit about yourself:
My name is Becky. I live in beautiful Lewes with my husband Steve, our cat Stanley, and our baby boy Herbie; born in January 2013. I have toured the country and world with boy bands as a Wardrobe Mistress for the last 10 years. I have packed that in to become a full time mummy, and am loving looking after just one boy!
Amazing – I’m sure Herbie is nowhere near as demanding as a boy band!
What would you say is your favourite thing about being a Mutti?
It’s mind boggling isn’t it?
What three words would you use to describe Motherhood?
Finally, how do you preserve/maintain your sense of self?
Perfect, and I’m mighty impressed you manage to do this every day!
So down to business! Firstly, what make is your changing bag?
It’s a Babymel Change bag. It’s perfect for both of us; I have a compartment and so does he!
What are the five items in your changing bag that you just can’t live without?
1. Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter. It’s great at keeping Herb’s skin soft and nappy rash at bay. It’s also brilliant for healing your chapped nose when you have a cold!
2. Olly and Belle Muslins. These are a must have. They are so pretty and I can never have enough muslins for my Reflux baby!
3. Weleda Skin Food. Great hand and body cream, useful after all the hand washing I do. I can use it on baby too and it smells lovely.
4. Kamillosan Nipple Cream. It is essential for any breast feeding mummy. I really can’t live without this one; it’s so soothing.
5. Hand knitted bootees. I have knitted lots of pairs of these to keep Herb’s toes toasty and warm. We can’t be without them in this weather!
Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us, Becky. I love those booties, and that bottom butter is amazing (it smells so good!). Oh, and awesome Cath Kidston oil cloth in the background of your photos. Becky tweets as @wardrobee