Socialising with your closest friends is something that usually comes naturally. You decide on a meeting place, activities and how long you want to spend together, right? When we were a little younger, this was always the case, but as we get older and wiser, we’re just a little bit more discerning about what we want to do on a night.
Experienced in entertaining ourselves
Over the years, I’ve realised that staying in is something that can be just as, if not more enjoyable than a night out. After giving it a go a few years back, I also learned that there’s quite a bit more you can do on a night in. If you’re planning to go out or stay in but can’t decide between the two, here are the pros and cons of both:
– It’s a lot cheaper, especially when getting drinks in for everyone
– There are no queues
– You don’t have to worry about getting rained on
– You can choose what you do watching a film, cooking, making cocktails, giving each other beauty treatments; you can really use your imagination
– You’re able to stay in for as long as you like, unless you’ve got kids
– The main con of staying in is feeling cooped up, but it’s a very small price to pay for being in control of what you’re doing!
– You’re able to meet new people, although that’s not always a good thing…
– You have to wait in line for drinks, which can be annoying
– There’s always a chance of fashion mishaps occurring, such as laddering your tights
– Some nightclubs can be disappointing, especially if they’re packed and the music is terrible
– Bad weather, especially during the winter
– The taxis or buses being late or not turning up when you’re on your way home
Overall, I would say that staying in is much more fun than going out. Ladbrokes Bingo conducted a survey which said that more than seven out of 10 women preferred to stay in than go out. I’m not surprised by that result at all! If you do prefer to stay in, but fancy trying something a bit different one evening, how about you try free bingo at gamevillage.com?
Something else the survey found was that most women prefer to cook their own food, make their own drinks and even do beauty therapy and crafting. All of those are close to my heart, so it’s refreshing to find that there are so many like minds out there!