Beautiful Bumps

Everywhere I go I see beautiful Bumps:

Turning the pram into an aisle in Waitrose *BAM!* (don’t worry – I didn’t bash into her) there’s a Bump…

Swimming in the local open air pool *BAM!* another…

Taking a stroll in the sunshine *BAM!* Bump, ahoy!

I always smile at these ladies (and usually receive an odd look back – especially if I don’t have Busby with me… “Uh-oh! It’s that crazy, smiling woman again!”) as I think they look so beautiful. I miss having my Bump! Even the times when I felt huge, or earlier on in my pregnancy when I just looked like I’d had a big lunch and felt very self-conscious. Oh, and yes, even the turtle-stuck-on-its-back look. I miss that.

I wish more people had come up to me when I was pregnant, especially on the days when I felt like a whale, and told me that I was beautiful. It did happen. Usually on the bus or waiting for the bus. Lots of smiles and “congratulations, you’re blooming!”; kind words bestowed upon Grape and I. Luckily I never experienced stroking though… I draw the line at stranger-Bump touching.

Anyway, Readers I would like to set you a mini-challenge if you’ll oblige? If you see a pregnant lady out and about, tell her she looks beautiful. She may give you an odd look, and I definitely wouldn’t approach a pregnant lady who looks like she might whack you, but if you see a pregnant lady who looks stable and in need of a boost, please let her know she’s amazing.

Because, when you think about it, carrying a child, growing a baby inside of you, really is the most amazing, freaky, fantastic thing in the world, and we deserve all the love, support and kind words we can get.

ps. Yes, I am horrendously broody. Still. What the hell is wrong with me??

1. 19th July 2013 / 7:38 am

This is such a wonderful idea – will see who I run into in town later…
    When I was pregnant with my twin daughters, I’ll never forget being told I was fat by a couple of teenage girls…when I pointed out that I was in fact pregnant with twins – they did at least have the decency to apologise!!

• 19th July 2013 / 6:29 pm

Oh gosh that’s awful! Even if they did apologise, who tells someone else they look fat? Mean!

Let me know how you get on 🙂 xx

2. 19th July 2013 / 9:51 am

I must admit I have bump envy too…Ever since we’ve agreed to start trying in the New Year I’m hunting out every bump and mama around!!

• 19th July 2013 / 6:29 pm

Oh congratulations!!

Yup – loving the bumps 🙂 xx

3. 19th July 2013 / 8:01 pm

I know so many people who looked fabulous when pregnant, I really did look awful! I loved the end result but the actual pregnancies I hated. Lovely post, popping over from pocolo

• 19th July 2013 / 10:03 pm

I’m sure you looked beautiful really – we’re always our own harshest critics 🙂

Thanks for the comment love 🙂 xx

4. 19th July 2013 / 10:30 pm

If I can I will always tell a pregnant lady she looks great. I think it’s really important to give someone that little bit of confidence and to put a smile on their face xx

• 20th July 2013 / 7:48 am

Definitely 🙂 There were certainly days when I could’ve done with the kind words! xx

5. 21st July 2013 / 2:25 pm

What a fabulous idea – I love it. I completely associate with how you feel too – majorly broody, pregnant women everywhere and I too am crazy smiling lady! Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

• 24th July 2013 / 8:47 pm

I’m so glad I’m not the only crazy, smiling loon 😉 xx