Busby meets a horse

I love horses. I started riding when I was about 5-6 years old and I still love it just as much as I did on day one. (Although finding time to go for a ride these days is rare!)

There’s something about being in the presence of a horse that just feels… natural. I feel this way about most animals; I’d much rather be in their company than that of the majority of humans! I like that they can’t talk back.

I’m happy to see that Busby has taken a real interest in animals recently. She loves watching our family dog Basil, and he loves her – especially since we’ve started weaning!

Busby and I went for a picnic with my Mutti and my brother a few weeks ago to a beautiful patch of grass near us called The Paddock. There’s lots of shade, so it’s perfect for picnics with little ones. Next to The Paddock is a field (or another paddock!) full of ponies. I was rather excited to see them munching away in the sunshine, and after eating, Busby and I headed over for a pat.

This was the first time Busby had encountered a horse; she’s seen them trotting past our window and is always fascinated, but she’s never seen one up close. She was a little unsure to start with, but after seeing me stroke the pony on the nose she wanted to have a go!

I can’t wait until she’s old enough to start riding lessons and we can go out riding together… Although, I realise this is a little while off!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
I’m linking up with Country Kids over on Coombe Mill

• 3rd August 2013 / 6:44 pm

Thanks Lyndsay 🙂 xx

1. 3rd August 2013 / 1:04 pm

Like you i love horses and riding..rio seems to have an interest in horses too he loves watching them on tv etc but were yet to get him close enough to sit one. Adorable photos 🙂 i love how shes small but oblibious to the hugeness of the animal x

• 3rd August 2013 / 6:45 pm

Oh yay for horses!!

He’ll get there 🙂 xx

2. 3rd August 2013 / 6:36 pm

It’s great that you are passing on your confidence with horses to your child, I’m sure she will love riding as much as you do, it will also be a lovely hobby for you both to share. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos with Country Kids.

• 3rd August 2013 / 6:45 pm

This is what I’m hoping 🙂

My pleasure – thanks for hosting #CountryKids xx

3. 3rd August 2013 / 6:50 pm

I love the picture of your daughter reaching out to touch the horse, adorable. I’ve not spent much time with horses but we really love animals in our family too. I think it’s great for children to interact with and care for animals, they’ve really helped my youngest with his emotional development no end. Lovely post.

• 3rd August 2013 / 9:03 pm

I’m a great believer in children mixing with animals from a young age. It definitely helps their development – animals just make everything better xx

4. 3rd August 2013 / 8:34 pm

awww its lovely that your daughter is confidently reaching out to touch the horse.I am sure she will take after you and have a love of horses as she gets older x x

• 3rd August 2013 / 9:05 pm

I do hope so 🙂 I would love it if we can go riding together. xx