(I) Do // Wedding Planning Update

I had quite a few different things I wanted to write about this week, including a step-by-step craft tutorial, but time has got away from me. So I thought I’d give you a quick update on where we’re at with our wedding planning!

Venue
The ceremony venue has been paid for, which is a huge weight off our minds and means we don’t have to worry about paying it a month before the wedding like everything else we’ll be shelling out for! August 2014 is going to be an expensive month…

The Dress
I have two appointments booked for next Friday in London; Mutti and I will be heading up for a day of wedding browsing, lunch and hopefully a glass of fizz! I think I’ve said this before, but I’m both excited and terrified about wedding dress shopping. I have the Bride Wars: You change to fit into Vera” quote whizzing around my head, and I’m hoping all the Sales Assistants aren’t like that!

Irrational?
Paranoid?
Silly?
Yes definitely. But hey, that’s me!

Save the Date
We spent Friday afternoon having our photos taken in silly poses for our “Save the Date” notification. I’ve put it all together and it looks fantastic! I really want to post it on the blog, but Nick thinks it might be over-sharing… Anyway, we’re planning on sending them out via email at the end of the week, and I can’t wait to see everyone’s reactions!!

Le geek c’est chic: We made lots of silly faces!

Crafting
I’ve started buying fabrics for our bunting and am planning on making up “craft packs” for kind volunteers, as we have A LOT of bunting to make. At the moment it’s looking at about 80 metres just for the hall!!

So that’s where we’re at… I feel like I want to be more “go, go, go” at the moment, but don’t know where to go from here as there’s so much to organise! Talk about overwhelmed! I suppose the photographer will be the next port-of-call, and deciding whether we can justify spending far too much money (equivalent of over a months rent) on the photographer we’re both in love with.

diy bride.png

1. 7th August 2013 / 11:26 am

I know how you feel aboout being overwhelmed. I’ve been engaged for nearly 3 years and the thought of planning a wedding terrifies me! I’m probably just going to elope to Vegas;)

• 8th August 2013 / 8:20 pm

Vegas sounds so appealing at the moment 🙂 xx

2. 7th August 2013 / 7:22 pm

My mum was a super star and made all our hunting for our wedding. The marquee looked amazing tho and I am so pleased that now I can pass it onto L for her room.

• 8th August 2013 / 8:20 pm

Gorgeous 🙂 I’m looking forward to the making – it’s just finding the time 😉 xx

3. 8th August 2013 / 7:54 pm

Wow, we had a very diy wedding. 100 metres of bunting, a homemade photo booth, homemade coconut shy, we collected table clothes and crockery for ten tables and 110 guests. Don’t stress too much just do one job at a time and all will come together.

Good luck. Looking forward to updates

Sarah @ http://www.bumpbabycandme.blogspot.co.uk

• 8th August 2013 / 8:21 pm

Wonderful 🙂 Thanks Sarah – we’ve got a while to prepare too 🙂 xx

4. 9th August 2013 / 6:14 pm

Never mind oversharing! I wanna see them xx

• 10th August 2013 / 6:32 pm

Haha I’ll ask Nick 😉 xx

5. 11th August 2013 / 11:52 am

Aah wedding dress shopping is such fun! Try on everything… even the styles which you don’t think will suit you or you hadn’t imagined yourself in. Some are just good for a giggle but others may surprise you with how good they look! I know it can seem overwhelming… I’m about to get married in a few weeks (yes weeks eek!) and don’t even know the date, venue or who I’m going to invite yet! Embrace and enjoy the planning, it’s all part of it xx
    Shushkat

• 13th August 2013 / 6:17 pm

Oh my word!! Good luck with your wedding planning journey!!! xx