I’m very excited to announce that I have been chosen to be an Ambassador for HomeSense!
HomeSense has recently opened in Brighton (you can read my post about it here), and I have fallen in love. If you haven’t visited yet, then I wholly recommend you do! The store is beautifully set out and is a bountiful plethora of household goodies.
You can watch the HomeSense TV advert below:
I asked Abigail Edwards, the stylist who created the three looks featured in the new TV ad, to share three of her top tips on how to bring these looks to life in your home:
The ‘Urban Cool’ Look
• Keep it simple and slick using graphic shapes to achieve a minimalistic vibe
• Look for accessories such as clean glass shapes, graphic cushions and simple accent colours
The ‘Country Chic’ Look
• Natural tones and textured fabric are essential for achieving a modern country look
• Illustrated cushions and cut-out shapes add a contemporary twist
• Try grouping lots of clocks together to make a room look more eclectic
The ‘Global Traveller’ Look
• Homeware items collected from your travels are ideal for achieving this look
• Try layering cushions and rugs to achieve a naturel and thrown together feel
• Don’t worry about mixing patterns – overlapping colours, shapes and different textures will add interest
• Accessorise with imagery and vintage pieces you’ve gathered from places visited on holiday
Thanks, Abigail – my favourite is definitely the Country Chic look!
What are the key style trends for Autumn?
There are six key trends to look out for this Autumn:
• Chunky knits
• Mixing patterns
It’s all about chunky knits to snuggle into when it’s chilly outside!
I love DIY interior design – do you have any tips for easily transforming a room?
• The easiest and most affordable way to style your home is by adding cushions and throws, as it doesn’t affecting anything else in the room and it adds colour and texture quickly.
• Lighting also makes a massive difference, so rather than having just one pendant light in the middle of the room, try having little table lamps dotted around, and task lighting is also a good alternative.
• Filling a sofa with lots of different cushions is a quick way of changing the look of a room and adding a splash of colour.
• Pictures are another quick way of adding interest to your room.
HomeSense are giving one Make, Do and Push! reader the chance to win a £50 gift card to spend in the recently opened Brighton store. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter below.
Please note, the gift card can only be spent in the Brighton HomeSense store.