What’s in your changing bag? // Sophie from Cider with Sophie
Welcome to “What’s in your changing bag?”; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn’t possibly live without!
This week I’m joined by fellow Sussex Mumma – Sophie.
Hi Sophie! Please can you tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m Sophie and I’m a Mummy to my baby girl Ophelia. Ophelia was born on 21st July after nearly exactly 24 hours in labour! We are a family of 4 (if you include our hairy maine-coon-cat-baby) enjoying life by the seaside and finding our feet in this new chapter of life!
What would you say is your favourite thing about being a Mutti to Ophelia?
A new found inner strength!
Fab – what would you say is the hardest thing?
Seeing her cry!
It is tough.
What three words would you use to describe Motherhood?
Exhausting, Exhilarating and Exciting
Ah the three E’s!
How do you preserve/maintain your sense of self?
This is a tough one which I still struggle to do! For me, “getting things done” is really important to me, so when things don’t get done (e.g. washing up, washing, tidying) then I start to lose my sense of self! I’m working on trying to be okay with these things not getting done as often as I would like. I’m starting to be able to find time to do my favourite winding down activities like cross stitch, knitting… and actually managing to watch a whole film!
Oh gosh – I know how you feel – our house is such a state at the moment… It does get a little easier as they get older.
So the last question before we find out what’s in your changing bag; if you could share one piece of Motherhoodly wisdom with us all what would it be?
Acceptance; once you accept what is happening/has happened/might or will or won’t happen, your life will be a lot more manageable.
It’s business time: what make is your changing bag?
My changing bag is the Momymoo (bought from TKMAXX).
Ooh it’s lovely! I’ve never heard of that brand before.
What are the five items in your changing bag that you just can’t live without?
1. Funky Giraffe bibs. Ophelia is quite a sicky baby no matter how much she is burped and these bibs are great for a mop up and avoiding a clothes change!
2. Infacol. This was kindly put in a baby shower gift from work and it has come in handy to reduce how often Ophelia is sick.
3. Katie toy! I personally find Katie slightly strange looking, but Ophelia loves her because she has lots of different textures and makes different noises. I often find Ophelia clinging onto her in her pram.
4. Mini tub of Sudocrem. This came free in one of the Bounty packs and has been the most useful thing out of those packs (in my opinion). I have a big tub that I use to re-fill the small tub which is so handy just popped in the bag and takes up far less room!
5. Lamaze hand finders. These were gifted to us by our Physio friend. I find these useful to keep Ophelia occupied if out and about.
Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us, Sophie! Funky Giraffe bibs are amazing – we have almost the whole range in our house!
Sophie blogs over at Cider with Sophie and tweets as @sophiewearing.