Hello and welcome back to “What’s in your changing bag?”; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn’t possibly live without! We were on a small break last week what with it being New Years Eve (Happy New Year!).
Today we’re kickstarting the New Year with lovely Blogger Aby!
Hi Aby – lovely photo! Please can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hi, I’m Aby! I am mum to ‘Baby’ and wife to Mr Hubby. Baby was born in March this year, after a long time of trying to conceive and she feels like our little miracle. We live in Berkshire/Hampshirewith our little dogs Lily and Lou Lou. I am currently on maternity leave from my job as an events organiser and so I am enjoying spending all my days with Baby. I love tea and ice cream (although not together!).
What would you say is your favourite thing about being a Mama?
The bond I have with Baby.
What would you say is the hardest thing?
The guilt. I think us mums end up feeling guilty about things we do and don’t do! Oh, and the lack of sleep!
The guilt really is awful.
What three words would you use to describe Motherhood?
It completes me.
How do you preserve/maintain your sense of self?
At the moment I am struggling with this if I am honest. We don’t have any local family and so I am with Baby all day and night (Mr Hubby here at nights) and so I have no ‘me’ time. I will try to rectify this over the next few months.
So the last question, before we find out about your changing bag; if you could share one piece of Motherhoodly wisdom with us all what would it be?
Listen to people’s advice, but realise that you know your baby best and trust your own judgement, even if it is your first baby.
It’s business time: what make is your changing bag?
Sugar Jack Isabelle (it was a birthday present and was on sale!)
What are the five items in your changing bag that you just can’t live without?
1. Sir Prance-A-Lot (lamaze toy). This is Baby’s favourite toy. She loves him and so we take him everywhere.
2. Sophie The Giraffe. Sophie has been invaluable when Baby is teething. I thought it was all hype, but she really is amazing!
3. Brother Max Slimline Milk Powder Dispenser. This is a very handy way of travelling formula powder. The wheel spins round and the funnel ensures no spills.
4. Baby’s snacks and bottles. I am so paranoid that I will be stranded somewhere without enough milk. So always take 2 bottles, even if I am just popping out.
5. Wet Wipes. After finding myself on the wrong end of a major poo-nami in Costa (necessitating a change of clothes for me and Baby), we never go anywhere without a plentiful supply.
Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us, Aby. Sir Prance-a-lot is a legend, and I totally share your paranoia!
Aby blogs at You Baby, Me Mummy and tweets as @YouBabyMeMummy.