What’s in your changing bag? // Polly from Polly’s Little World
Hello and welcome to “What’s in your changing bag?”; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn’t possibly live without!
Today we’re meeting new Mama, Polly.
Hi Polly – gorgeous photo! Please can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hi, my name’s Polly and this is Archie, he was born 28th October 2013. I am currently on maternity leave from my job in accounts and enjoying every minute. I love reading blogs, going to festivals, looking through vintage markets, car boots and trying my hand at up-cycling.
What would you say is your favourite thing about being a Mama to the adorable Archie?
Watching him grow and learn new things everyday. I am a very proud mummy!
What three words would you use to describe Motherhood?
Rewarding, tiring and amazing.
I completely agree!
What would you say is the hardest thing?
I am quite good at functioning on no sleep so it would have to be the unpredictability; I like to have everything organised, but this is quite hard with an unpredictable little man around.
How do you preserve/maintain your sense of self?
I like to pop to the gym twice a week and just that hour out makes such a difference to my day. I think it’s very important to have baby-free time.
It’s so very important.
So, the last question before we find out about your changing bag; if you could share one piece of Motherhoodly wisdom with us all what would it be?
Positive thinking goes a long way. Throughout labour I kept telling myself it’s the most natural, positive thing a women can do and I ended up having the most peaceful, perfect natural birth I could have asked for. Also, in the first few weeks it’s all trial and error and a positive mind set makes everything so much easier.
Great advice Polly – thank you! Your labour sounded lovely!
Ok, it’s business time: what make is your changing bag?
My changing bag is Cath Kidston and everyone always comments that I have a floral bag and a baby boy, but my answer is that he doesn’t carry it! I love anything floral and it was half price, I couldn’t resist.
1. Hand cream. This is a must as I wash my hands so many times a day now. I particularly like this one from Yves Rocher because it smells of cocoa powder.
2. A spare outfit. For those unexpected leaks or spills when we are out and about.
3. Neal’s Yard Baby Balm. I swear by this stuff; it’s for sore areas or dry/chaffed skin. Archie tends to get a little patch of dry skin on his forehead and this clears it up. It’s full of natural ingredients and also sinks in fast so doesn’t look greasy.
4. Muslin. A muslin cloth can be so versatile, we don’t leave the house without one. I love these star print ones too.
5. Nappies & Wipes. The essentials.
Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us, Polly! The hand cream sounds divine!
Polly blogs at Polly’s Little World and tweets as @Pollyanna_xx.