Pregnancy

“PRO-CREATE!”

Last week I woke up feeling different.

I felt ready.

Like a switch had been flicked and the green light was now blinking “on”.

Somewhere inside, deep inside, someone shouted:

“PRO-CREATE!”

I thought I was ready before; I thought I’d been ready for a while. But those pesky after-birth hormones have a lot to answer for.

As do the feelings of broodiness.

And the nostalgia of looking back over time gone by. So swiftly. Within a blink of an eye.

Missing that tiny baby who popped out onto the bed all those months ago.

Those feelings can really urge you to create the next one. Even if you’re not quite ready for two.

But that’s not it; this is a new feeling.

It feels biological.

It’s primal.

Deep inside.

As my ovaries bounce, flip and dance, and my womb aches and shakes, they remind me that they’re in there. That they’re ready. That it’s time to make number two.

“PRO-CREATE!” my body cries.

“BREED!” it exclaims with encouragement.

“GRAB THAT LOVELY BEARDED MAN OF YOURS AND FERTILISE THOSE EGGS!” it wails with every newborn face that appears, every pregnancy that is announced, every period that arrives. A reminder that I’m not carrying a baby inside.

But we will again.

Anticipation.

Excitement.

Fear.

About re-entering the wilderness of Bump and beyond.

A new character in our adventure that is life.

A sibling for Busby.

I’m ready.

Ps. Don’t get your hopes up quite yet Readers – we have to get through the wedding first!

1. bettyandthebumps

6th March 2014 at 12:13 pm

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m totally with you on this. I was always a “no way am I having more than one child” gal but now – and I think stopping BF was the main thing – I really want another one. But Andrew says we can only try again when I actually lose the 3 stone I put on with Gwenn and said I need to lose before I consider getting pregnant (because he knows that will NEVER happen!!!). Having said all this, I’m not sure I could manage another baby until the current one starts sleeping through. Tiring times!

xx

1. Hannah

7th March 2014 at 1:27 pm

Oh love! Such tiring times! xx

2. Esther H

6th March 2014 at 8:09 pm

This is brilliant!!! Love how you have written it. Our second was more – “I think we’ll get away with it”….then discovered we were pregnant three weeks later! and I am so glad we didn’t get away with it. He is just scrumptious! Good luck with the wedding ๐Ÿ™‚ and procreating of course! Lol x

1. Hannah

7th March 2014 at 1:27 pm

Thanks Esther ๐Ÿ™‚ Ah amazing! xx

3. Prudence Clarke

7th March 2014 at 1:24 pm

I love this post and I hear you! The older you get the more the hormones scream ‘have another one – quickly!’ Even the fears and worries which followed me through my last pregnancy seem to disappear sometimes. We will be thinking about number three soon enough and who knows if we make enough money one day, maybe number four! Have to be quick though – getting old !
    Good luck and I look forward to reading about your next pregnancy soon:)

1. Hannah

7th March 2014 at 1:41 pm

Thanks Prudence ๐Ÿ™‚ I’d love four too, but think we might have to “settle” for three! xx

4. Louisa

7th March 2014 at 2:19 pm

Great post. Hope it all goes swimmingly. Despite being too old, having had 4 children and a hysterectomy I still would have another in a heartbeat. I’m going to have to wait for grandchildren instead ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Victoria Welton

9th March 2014 at 4:17 pm

Good luck – I hope you have more success than I am right now! Thank you for linking to PoCoLo x

6. You Baby Me Mummy

9th March 2014 at 6:32 pm

Ah this is fab! Another cute little Busby! We ARE stopping at one, but it is very exciting for you x

7. Anna Davison

10th March 2014 at 12:43 pm

We have just started trying for baby number 2 – even though Zoe doesn’t sleep through the night!!
    Good luck – and have fun trying!
    Anna xx

8. Franki

13th March 2014 at 11:01 am

How exciting! I’m not quite there yet although I know for sure that I do want another one, just not yet but I am getting broodier and broodier by the day! Even if we did decide another one was on the cards we physically have no room for another in our two bed apartment so we need a new house first then another baby! Good luck and enjoy the baby making! ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

9. Mums’ List #4 | Betty and the Bumps

7th December 2015 at 8:10 pm

[…] me and the fact I am still lactating (TMI) is a massive tease! Hannah from Make, Do and Push is feeling the need to procreate (but luckily for her it seems her other half is on board, unlike my own) and Emily from My Petit […]