Hello and welcome to “What’s in your changing bag?”; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn’t possibly live without!
This week I’m joined by Baby Isabella from Dear Mummy.
Hi Baby Isabella! What a lovely photo!
Please can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hello my name is Baby Isabella, I’m 13 months old and I am a baby blogger from Hampshire.
I blog about my travels with my mummy. We love the great outdoors so our changing bag must be practical, hence why my mummy and daddy opted for a rucksack that they can just throw on and go.
Welcome Baby Isabella – we’ve never had a baby chatting about their changing bag on this before!
What is your mummy’s favourite thing about being a Mama?
My mummy says, feeling complete and knowing that you are responsible for another persons life, it is VERY rewarding. Getting free cuddles.
Cuddles are the best.
What would your Mummy say is the hardest thing about being a Mama?
My Mummy says, at the beginning, sleepless nights… And not having her own time.
Yes that is very difficult.
What three words would your Mummy use to describe Motherhood?
Challenging, rewarding, life-affirming.
How does your Mummy preserve/maintain her sense of self?
My Mummy has ‘Date Nights’ with Daddy.
So, the last question before we find out about your changing bag; if your Mummy could share one piece of Motherhoodly wisdom with us all, what would it be?
My mummy says, try breast feeding if you can, it was one of the best experiences of her life. Keep going with it persistence pays off. Try baby wearing, and keep talking to other new mums, it helps you through the lows.
It’s business time; what make is your changing bag?
My changing bag is actually a funky rucksack that daddy chose from Sprayground; an urban fashion label. Who said changing your little one was dull?! Daddy didn’t want to walk around with a feminine flowery bag and Mummy agreed. Sprayground rucksacks have great pockets inside the rucksack perfect for changing mats, nappies and wipes. They are also big enough for pack lunches, flasks of hot water (to heat food and bottles on the go) spoons, bibs and a change of clothes. They also have small zip pockets for phones and car keys, easy access when you have a child in tow. A big net pocket inside the rucksack allows mummy to see items at a glance.
What are the five items in your changing bag that you just can’t live without?
1. Asda Little Angel size 4 nappies. Perfect and not bulky. We love these nappies and they are cheap! We’ve always used Asda nappies, and stick with a brand we know and trust.
2. Kiddicare/Morrisons Little Big Wipes. Great wipe dispenser, large unscented wipes and not too wet. Great for cleaning my little bottom and wiping my mouth after food (not at the same time!!)
3. Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle Warmer. The most practical thing my mummy has ever bought!! A flask for keeping hot water warm and a large plastic container that fits over it for plopping in your bottles and jars of baby food. Couldn’t travel without it, especially handy when in a field or in the middle of nowhere.
4. My food!! Hipp Organic jars and finger food is the order of the day.
5. My Turtle. He’s my best friend and he travels everywhere with me on ‘My Buggy Buddy’ clip! I love him.
Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us, Baby Isabella! The bottle warmer sounds fantastic – we’ll have to invest in one of those for the next time round.
Baby Isabella blogs at Dear Mummy and tweets as @Dear_Mummy.