Say my name, say my name…

We had a lovely family day together yesterday; laughter and tissue paper throwing in bed (after Nick opened his Father’s Day present), breakfast together, a trip to Waitrose for lunch goodies, and a tasty lunch with the most delicious cheesecake… all followed by a walk around Lewes and a visit to our current favourite green space: The Paddock.

Something momentous and magical also occurred yesterday; a seriously Proud Parent Moment (PPM).

Busby has gradually been adding more words to her vocabulary over the past couple of months, and she’s definitely talking to us in sentences – even if they are in her own language! But yesterday Busby said her name. (Her real name that is!) We were as proud as punch as the three of us laughed and clapped at her achievement.

I do love the weekends when we’re all together as a family. It makes me feel truly lucky and ever-so grateful to have Nick and Busby in my life.

1. 16th June 2014 / 7:53 am

Aw it does make you feel proud doesn’t it! Sienna can’t quite say her name yet but she does try, it comes out more like ‘henna’ haha! x

2. 16th June 2014 / 8:02 am

Ahhh that’s adorable and great achievement Busby!!! Love it when they finally start saying words in our language instead of theirs. I am still waiting for missy moo’s first proper word but that’s amazing that she said her name! Proud parent moment indeed! Love the photo of her too! She is so cute! #magicmoment

3. 16th June 2014 / 9:01 am

It’s beautiful to hear our children saying their first words – and it’s even more special when it’s their own name!

I once heard someone say that the most beautiful word in any language is their own name. I guess that includes baby language too! 🙂

4. 16th June 2014 / 9:34 am

Aww! Those first words are just precious!
    Sounds like you had a lovely time x

5. 16th June 2014 / 9:41 am

Ah well done Busby! What a clever girl and dounds like an awesome day hun xx

6. 16th June 2014 / 4:11 pm

Awww I know how you feel! Congrats for this new achievement. I felt elated too when my son recited his name. Its a bit long so it must take so much effort and I am just too happy too. A real magical moment =) #MagicMoments

7. 17th June 2014 / 2:37 am

Lovely! My little girl has been saying her name for awhile, but it took her quite a long time to pronounce it properly 🙂 Last week she told someone new her name when asked 🙂 It’s so amazing when they take these steps isn’t it 🙂 Well done Busby x #MagicMoments

8. 17th June 2014 / 12:31 pm

Sounds like a wonderful day and great to add a special moment of saying her name to it too, lovely 🙂
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsbeKids

9. 17th June 2014 / 1:10 pm

Aww so lovely when they start to say names, well done Busby. Love the pictures, she’s a cutie 🙂 #magicmoments

10. 17th June 2014 / 1:13 pm

This really is a special moment, and I hope she says it over and over again! #LetKidsbeKids

11. 18th June 2014 / 11:01 am

Well done to her! That’s fantastic. My niece is a similar age to Busby and struggles with her own name, so has taken to calling herself ‘Baby’. ‘Baby’ can be very demanding as she shouts ‘Baby’ and then points at what she wants. She is far too clever, independent and cheeky to be a baby!

12. 18th June 2014 / 11:14 am

What a lovely moment and captured so well in that gorgeous photo. It is little things like a family day out to make you grateful for everything #letkidsbekids

13. 18th June 2014 / 7:13 pm

Ah what a precious moment! I remember Eva and Luka first saying their name (and mispronouncing) but Bella is adamant she won’t say it! She calls herself ‘me’! 😀
    x x x

14. 19th June 2014 / 10:03 am

Awwww wow what an amazing moment 🙂 #letkidsbekids

15. 23rd June 2014 / 1:09 pm

It sounds like you had a lovely family day, they are the best. What a fantastic day to say her own name, an extra special Father’s Day.

Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
    x