What’s in your changing bag? // Hannah from Thursday’s Child, Friday’s Thoughts
Hello and welcome to “What’s in your changing bag?”; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn’t possibly live without!
This week I’m joined by lovely Hannah from Thursday’s Child, Friday’s Thoughts.
Hi Hannah! What a cute photo!
Please can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m Hannah, mum to two March girlies – Effy, recently two, and Lowen, 10 weeks. I’d describe myself as a jack of all trades and a master of nothing, but when I’m not doing the day job you’ll find me behind the camera, crocheting and blogging.
Such gorgeous names!
What is your favourite thing about being a Mama?
My favourite thing about being a mummy is knowing that I made them. I know D had a little bit to do with it, but I grew them and for nine months I was all that they knew.
What would you say is the hardest thing about being a Mama?
The hardest thing about being a mummy is that my girls seem pretty good at simultaneously causing chaos. Lowen will always be sick just as the postman knocks on the door, and Effy decides that it’s a good time to get herself off the toilet, falling and bumping her head in the process. I guess it’s the lack on control in my life… Two people in my house that do as they will and not as I say a lot of the time!
Haha sounds very chaotic!
What three words would you use to describe Motherhood?
Astounding, testing, remarkable.
How does you preserve/maintain your sense of self?
Routine is key in this household to ensuring that I still have my time to do my things, be it go out, go running, get an early night, crochet, edit photos, see my husband… whatever. The girls are in bed by 7:30 and that’s them for the night, and then I get my evening! That’s been my saving grace on the difficult days.
Routine is so important!
So, the last question before we find out about your changing bag; if you could share one piece of Motherhoodly wisdom with us all, what would it be?
Always remember “this too shall pass”. The best thing I was ever told.
It’s business time; what make is your changing bag?
My changing bag is the Storksak Tote in navy and orange.
What are the five items in your changing bag that you just can’t live without?
1. Lucas Pawpaw ointment. It’s a product from down under and it’s bloody marvellous; like a natural Vaseline and useful for every eventuality including, but not limited to helping dry hands, sore bums, blisters, substitute lip balm, grazes and greasing up the spinning top in lieu of DW40.
2. Spare pants. For the newly potty trained toddler. They have the gruffalo on them. That makes them a hit.
3. A muslin. This brightly coloured on is from Mothercare and is great for the changing bag because a) It’s smaller than a normal muslin so takes up less space and b) it doesn’t get mixed up with other mummies’ muslins at a baby group due to its unusual colour.
4. My iPhone charger. I have one for my bag now as my battery is awful and my biggest nightmare is being stranded with two children and a dead phone.
5. Washable wipes. I always carry a few of these because now we’re full time clothing it at home I often forget to pack a packet of normal wipes. This way I can just whip out a dry wipe and dampen it under the tap and they’re always ready – and if I don’t need them, they don’t go musty in my bag!
Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us, Hannah! I love your wet bag – it’s so cute!
Hannah blogs at Thursday’s Child, Friday’s Thoughts and tweets as @oneformybaby12.