Family Life, Photos, Play

Family // Autumn Leaves

Sundays, since we have returned from Honeymoon, have been blissful; they are filled with lazy breakfasts (well, as lazy as one can be with a Toddler), snuggly clothes and Autumnal adventures. The evenings involve early baths, hearty meals and Downton Abbey, curled up on the sofa with my husband. I couldn’t really wish for much else.
Autumn in Lewes
We have been making the most of our last Autumn in Sussex. I’ve written before about my love for Autumn, and Sussex in Autumn is a beautiful thing; the stormy, wild waves on Brighton Beach, the warm glow of the sun on your face while sitting in a yellow, orange and red scattered park in leafy Lewes, splish-sploshing through puddles on one of our Sunday walks around a beautiful local National Trust property.

It’s going to be hard to say goodbye to Lewes; it’s a gorgeous town full to the brim with lovely people, and has a fantastic, eclectic atmosphere. I think we’re spoiled here with everything it has to offer (other than our disgustingly expensive and horridly damp house).

I’ve written about The Paddock before; it’s one of our favourite places to take Busby for a run about. A few Sundays ago it was a brilliant, sunny, crisp Autumnal Sunday and we headed to The Paddock for an impromptu picnic and explore.

I discovered a leaf-covered slope in The Paddock, and we spent a good hour making piles, jumping in them and throwing them in the air.
Lewes Leaves
Lewes Leaves
Lewes Leaves
It has entered the “favourite Lewes memories” part of my mind now, and I feel so fortunate to have this blog to document our gorgeous family afternoon.

Linking up to Country Kids and Let Kids Be Kids

1. Mouse @mousedogbaby

29th October 2014 at 4:17 pm

I love how you’ve perfectly captured to joy of jumping around in fallen leaves! Wonderful photographs!
    Mouse @mousedogbaby recently posted…SleepMy Profile

1. Hannah

29th October 2014 at 4:33 pm

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! 🙂 xx

2. Louisa

29th October 2014 at 6:14 pm

Nothing beats jumping around in piles of crispy leaves. Busby looks like she’s having a whale of a time#letkidsbekids
    Louisa recently posted…Pumpkin week at Hatton Adventure WorldMy Profile

1. Hannah

29th October 2014 at 9:23 pm

She had a seriously fun time! 🙂 xx

3. 76sunflowers

29th October 2014 at 7:46 pm

Your Sundays sound perfect! I love a NT property followed by something a it less serene than Downton Abbey – I’m a Homeland girl! Your Autumn pictures capture the season perfectly 🙂
    76sunflowers recently posted…Autumn colours at Stourhead {National Trust} #HDYGGMy Profile

1. Hannah

29th October 2014 at 9:23 pm

Ah – I need to start watching Homeland – it’s supposed to be fantastic 🙂 xx

4. Sian

30th October 2014 at 7:33 pm

The third photo – full of joy 🙂 Looks like you had a lovely time. I love Autumn when it’s dry – crisp leaves are so much fun to play in!
    Sian recently posted…Play Matters : Tape TownMy Profile

5. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk)

1st November 2014 at 11:50 am

We dis this yesterday! Ours is a small patch of land with few leaves and its fun already. I can only imagine more leaves and more space =) #countrykids
    Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) recently posted…Mud Pie CupcakesMy Profile

6. Anne

1st November 2014 at 3:57 pm

we are big fans of autumn leaves too. You have some lovely photos and memories.
    Anne recently posted…Word of the Week – FriendsMy Profile

7. Coombe Mill

1st November 2014 at 5:44 pm

What a lovely afternoon, it’ll be a good way to remember Lewes rather than the horrible house. I love the leaf throwing photos, Busby looks so happy to be out in nature. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Country Kids from Coombe MillMy Profile

8. Karen Bell

3rd November 2014 at 11:01 am

Aw what a lovely time it looks in all those beautiful leaves. Lovely pics!
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids