Family // Apples, Nuts and Muddy Puddles

Autumn is well and truly here! As I sit down to write this, I’ve just made a big ol’ pot of chilli and am sat on the sofa underneath a blanket drinking tea. I love Autumn. It’s definitely my favourite season; the smells, the sounds, the clothes! This year I might even try a spiced pumpkin latte from a well-known coffee retailer that rhymes with ar-clucks… Cosy!

Busby is also enjoying Autumn; we spent the last part of our Honeymoon staying at Nick’s parents house, and she showed great delight in collecting all of the apples from their apple tree… and trying to feed them to me!

She loved helping Grandad fill up his bird feeder (a fantastic toddler task if ever there was one), and sat still for a record breaking 15 minutes filling up the wire house – concentrating hard on the task in hand.

Once we arrived back in Sussex at the weekend we headed out to our local National Trust property, Sheffield Park, for a wander around. Busby couldn’t believe her eyes at all of the muddy puddles! She had such a fantastic time jumping away, and loved running in between the puddles until (can you see where this is going?) she face-planted in a huge puddle and was soaked through – head to toe! We had to carry out a full change on the lake bank… and we found out what brunette Busby would look like!

On the subject of Autumn, I’m very happy to announce that I’ve been asked to be a Super Muddy Mum for a company we love a lot: Muddy Puddles!

Keep your eyes peeled for reviews and competitions in the future on Make, Do and Push! You can read our recent Muddy Puddles review here.

Are you enjoying Autumn? What’s your favourite family Autumnal activity?

Linking up to Country Kids and Let Kids Be Kids

1. 17th October 2014 / 9:20 pm

I love Autumn for all the harvests and sense that the year is drawing to a close but another is waiting just around the corner.

2. 18th October 2014 / 10:12 am

I love Autumn for the cosiness as well, the rediscovering nature and all the fun it brings. Bless her heart that she ended up soaked through, but it happens to the best of us. Congratulations on being a Muddy Puddles ambassador.

Nipping over from Country Kids.

3. 18th October 2014 / 11:45 am

Aumtumn is a lovely season, it always seems too short though. It’s great that Busby’s getting out and enjoying autumn too, I think apples have been doing good this year! Splashing puddles is always good fun until someone gets too wet, at least you’d taken a complete change of clothes though! Thanks for linking up on Country Kids.

4. 19th October 2014 / 4:20 pm

Oh bless her, it looks like the face plant didn’t ruin her muddy fun though 🙂
    #letkidsbekids

5. 19th October 2014 / 7:47 pm

I adore Autumn too 🙂 love your photos! And will be trying out the filling the bird feeder to keep little one busy tip 😉

6. 19th October 2014 / 9:30 pm

Autumn really is a great season. I think we have all experienced the muddy puddles crash 🙂

7. 19th October 2014 / 10:22 pm

Lovely post and once again, Cogratulations on your Marriage! Great photo’s. I love Busby’s leggings! #CountryKids

8. 20th October 2014 / 11:07 am

Aw, love the concentration on her face filling the bird feeder. Puddle jumping is such fun, but always a risky business! 😉
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsbeKids