Home // Our Dream Kitchen
I can’t believe we’re moving in less than two weeks…! The house is such a state at the moment; with boxes and bags everywhere. On a daily basis I wish for Mary Poppins’ tidying mad skills – with one click of a finger everything is packed, everything is tidy, everything has been cleaned. But alas, we’ve still got our clothes to pack, more bubble wrap to purchase, and the dreaded loft (and the cupboard under the stairs) to sort out. I do feel like throwing it all away and starting again!
One huge positive to us moving is that we’ll finally be able to buy our own house, and our own house that we can put our own mark on. I’m incredibly fed up of renting damp properties for preposterous amounts of money per month. I’m so excited about owning a house, and envisage hours spent renovating furniture and painting walls.
I think I’m most looking forward to having a functioning kitchen! A kitchen that can fit a fridge-freezer in (ours is currently in the cupboard underneath the stairs due to lack of space!). A kitchen that has central heating. A kitchen that has the space to sit down together, and eat as a family.
I told you we were living in a sham of a rented house.
I’ve been wistfully dreaming over the past few weeks about what I want our family kitchen to look like.
I’ve always been a huge fan of the kitchen that the wonderful Kirstie Allsopp created in her homemade home (above), and would love to re-create that warm, vintagesque, family feel in our new house. It’s the kind of kitchen where you can imagine Christmas Day being held, where the children can do crafts, homework, and baking at the kitchen table, where Nick and I can settle down with a glass of wine once the children are in bed and talk about our day.
1. I obviously have to start with an amazing Kitchen Aid mixer! We’ve been lusting over one of these for a few years now – I love this one in Pistachio (John Lewis)
2. I love farmhouse sinks – I think they’re so stylish and hardwearing (Source)
3. Nick is a big coffee fan, and this coffee machine is divine! Plus we could make a good babyccino on this beauty! (John Lewis)
4. I’m a sucker for a reclaimed church pew, and love how this one has been styled! They’re ideal for families – and often cheaper than buying a set of chairs (Source)
5. This kitchen hood from BEKO is really stylish, and I think it would fit in well in a country kitchen – especially against an exposed brick wall (see below)
6. I think this kitchen is beautiful – just look at the bunting! (Source)
7. An expanding table is always useful – especially if you like entertaining as we do, and this table from Marks & Spencer screams farmhouse chic!
8. I don’t need to say anything other than: exposed brickwork (Source)
9. Nick and I are huge AGA fans – and this one is a beauty!
What would be in your dream kitchen? Oooh! I can’t wait to find our house!
*Mood board created in association with BEKO. All views and opinions are my own.*