Review // Project B Box (Month Two)
If you haven’t heard of the Project B box before, then let me explain. Project B is a monthly subscription box suitable for ladies from week 12 of pregnancy. Each box has a theme, and contains a variety of different products, from pampering to super tasty, healthy snacks. The boxes also contain cards detailing expert advice for that period of your pregnancy.
I’m very excited to be working with Project B throughout my pregnancy – you can read all about my first box, the “Nurture” box, in my post here.
Box Two’s theme is “Blossom”, and as I’m not quite blooming, I couldn’t wait to see what was inside to assist me in my transformation.
1. Super Drinks for Pregnancy by Fiona Wilcock. I was over the moon to find this in my box as I’ve been craving lots of fresh fruit recently. There are also some delicious soup recipes and mocktails! Each recipe tells you how it benefits you and baby – it’s a great read, and guaranteed to make you feel hungry!
2. Alice & Oscar’s Express Quinoa. The UK obsession with quinoa seems to have past me by (I think we were getting married during that time) so I’ve never actually eaten it before… nor do I know where to start when using it in a dish. Thankfully the Project B Team have included a healthy recipe which includes this, and I’m looking forward to giving it a go!
3. Yu! Strawberry Fruit Chews. I love this sort of snack, as it’s so handy to pop in your handbag and munch on when your sugar levels get low. These are very yummy and come in a handy resealable bag!
4. Aleva Naturals Daily Soothing Moisturiser (sample). My skin has become even more sensitive this trimester, and this moisturiser is so light and gentle on my face. It also smells delicious!
5. Benecos Nail Varnish. As regular readers will know, I have a bit of a nail varnish obsession, so I was very happy to see this in my box! It’s a beautiful, subtle colour to add to my collection.
6. Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream (sample). A fab little product, which is perfect for all the hormonal outbreaks my face is currently suffering from.
7. Weleda Oat Shampoo and Conditioner (sample). I’ve been curious about using something other than my regular shampoo since reading this post from Lori and the Caravan, and these are wonderful! I’m now on the hunt for some more!
8. Mum’s D drops. Those of you who read my 16 week pregnancy update will remember how I wrote about my pregnancy vitamins making me feel very sick, so I was happy to find these in my box as I’m going to be taking folic acid and Vitamin D separately (if the Midwife agrees).
Overall, it’s a lovely box full of surprises, however, I do wish some of the samples were actual sized products, as they’d be far more useful as such.
The Project B boxes cost £14 per month and you can sign up for your monthly Project B box online. These boxes would make a truly lovely, thoughtful gift for a friend or loved-one as they take the Mama into consideration!
I can’t wait for Box Three to arrive; the theme is “Energise” and I could really do with some of that at the moment!