Busby // Bath time with Johnson’s #SoMuchMore
Bath time is one of Busby’s favourite times of the day. We have a fun pre-bath routine which involves running the length of the landing into my arms; each cuddle ends with another piece of clothing being removed until her bare bottom is visible! Then I have to “throw” her into the bath, sometimes whilst talking in a pirate voice (don’t ask). Finally, Nick takes over the actual bath. He loves this time of day too, as he’s usually spent the day at work and hasn’t seen her all day.
Busby likes to spend a good 20-30 minutes in the bath playing with her toys, making bubble beards “just like Daddy’s” and singing songs. I’ve mentioned previously about how an amazing gift from a friend resulted in Busby’s language and knowledge developing further, and you can read that post here.
Johnson’s have recently launched their first global campaign called #SoMuchMore; the campaign is aimed at getting parents to understand that bath time is ‘so much more’ than just a bath. The multi- sensory elements to a bath are proven to aid better cognitive development for babies in their first 3 years.
Johnson’s have carried out some really interesting research into bath time, and here are some top line stats:
– Parents in the UK bath their children for the longest amount of time (26 minutes) – the average bath takes 23 minutes, with the Philippines spending the least time washing their children (18 minutes).
– 92% of mums in the UK say they are primarily responsible for bathing their children in their household
– Babies bathed with a fragranced product displayed:
i) 30% more engagement cues with their parent after the bath
ii) Nearly 25% less time crying before sleep
– Playing with bubbles helps babies develop hand-eye coordination
– Splashing helps teach babies cause and effect
– Listening to bath time music can help stimulate parts of the brain responsible for memory
Who runs bath time in your family? I’d say that Busby is in charge here!