Busby, Busby Updates

Busby // 26 months

Well here we are at 26 months! In around 4 months time, Busby’s only child status will have expired and she’ll be a big sister! That’s a scary thought… We’ve had a glimpse of what life is going to be like for Baby Peppercorn, and he’s going to have to be a super chilled out chap to put up with his bossy older sister!
busby 26 months This month Busby’s conversational skills have gone from strength to strength, and she’s picking up new words every day! Her favourite words this month have been “probably”, “no” and “now”.

She amazed me at the end of January when we travelled down to Sussex, from Yorkshire, on public transport. Not everything went to plan, which meant she had to walk a lot in some very big, busy crowds, but she kept hold of my hand the entire time, and barely grumbled at all. She had so much fun watching the trains, chilling out on the tube and pressing the buttons for the lifts (when there were lifts…!)
busby baking
Busby has loved baking this month, and is getting very good at mixing. As we’re still living with Nick’s parents, we haven’t had the most active month – but we have discovered another park, where the swings face the road! She loves watching the cars go by whilst swinging high, and there’s much excitement if she spots a bus or a tractor! Her obsession with vehicles still reigns above everything else.
Processed with VSCOcam with c2 preset
Nick’s Mum has started taking her to a Toddler group every Tuesday morning, and they have a lovely time there! They do lots of painting, singing and playing, and I’m so glad she’s able to interact with other little people while we wait for the house purchase to go through, as I know she’s missing Nursery and our Monkey Music class terribly.

Here a few Proud Mama Moments from the month:
After singing A Spoonful of Sugar to Busby, she proceeded to ask for “more Mary Poppins“. YES! Musical Theatre Nut in the making!

The Cheese Fiend (I’m a cheese addict, so this is a very proud moment):
M: “Would you like a cupcake, Busby?”
B: “No cupcake, Mummy. Cheese and crackers. Busby want cheese and crackers.”

She’s started telling “jokes”:
B: “Knock, knock!”
M: “Who’s there?”
B: “Cheese”
M: “Cheese who?”
B: “Cheese on toast!”

I’m looking forward to seeing what next month brings! Probably more cheese requests and an increased usage of the word “no”!

1. Carie

20th February 2015 at 9:19 am

Aww she’s so cute and I love the cheese joke!!
    Carie recently posted…{this moment}My Profile

2. Jenna

20th February 2015 at 11:06 pm

She’s sooo cute.

She’s gonna be a cheese addict like her mama! 🙂

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

3. Rachel

21st February 2015 at 6:49 am

Loving the joke Busby – what a cutie she is!
    Rachel recently posted…Shaun the Sheep MovieMy Profile

4. Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk)

24th February 2015 at 1:54 pm

Aww love the knock knock joke! My son has been giving me a lot of those and no matter how silly they are, they are the funniest =) #letkidsbekids
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…Friday I’m In LoveMy Profile

5. Abigail

24th February 2015 at 6:06 pm

They grow up so fast! I love her knock knock jokes. #LetKidsBeKids
    Abigail recently posted…Snow Penguins Encounter at Ski DubaiMy Profile

6. Jane - Our Little Escapades

24th February 2015 at 8:04 pm

She is so cute, I love the photos. That no word can be quite fun and very interesting! I love that she is telling jokes.

Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
    x
    Jane – Our Little Escapades recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

7. Small Steps Amazing Achievements – Weds 25/2/15 » AutismMumma

25th February 2015 at 11:30 am

[…] from last week: “Last week we had two lovely progress updates from @mamamakedopush, Busby is 26 months old  and over at @mummy_madness1, Little Bear is 15 months old […]

8. Let Kids Be Kids

25th February 2015 at 11:46 am

It looks like she loves the baking. The jokes are so funny (though not?!)it’s lovely hearing little ones test out jokes trying to learn what is a joke and what is not 🙂
    Thanks for sharing #LetKidsBeKids
    Let Kids Be Kids recently posted…Biscuit making funMy Profile

9. Adventure Togs

2nd March 2015 at 3:51 pm

Bless her, they grow so fast. I’m sure she will make a fabulous big sister
    #letkidsbekids