This month has seen an even bigger transition from Baby to Little Person; Busby is becoming less-babyish in everything she does. She is truly a little girl, and a clever one at that.
Her favourite things this month have been:
– Magazines. Busby loves getting a “newspaper” from the shop (usually the CBeebies magazine)… mostly for the stickers!
– Strawberries. Busby has eaten a lot of strawberries this month!
– Weetabix on Shreddies (or vice versa). This is the breakfast of choice at the moment – both cereals in the bowl with warm milk.
– Plop Bucket. A game invented by either Hat (Nick’s Dad) or Nick, which involves throwing pebbles into a bucket of water.
– The Twirlywoos. This new CBeebies programme seems to keep her enthralled, silent and still for a whole 15 minutes.
– Bouncing. Busby is obsessed with bouncing on the bed!
This month we have changed Busby from nappies to pull-ups as nappy changes have become increasingly more difficult! We’re planning to start potty training soon (probably post-house move) after a few successful attempts at using the toilet. We’ve also changed her routine this month, which has seen her nap dropped. It’s working well, and means we now have our evenings back!
Busby’s conversation has improved once again, and she’s certainly a chatty little girl. She’s incredibly bossy, and likes to put us all in our place!
She’s a very happy little soul, and has started having laughing fits (which is something both of her parents suffer from!) over amusing things people have said. She’s had me giggling quite a lot with her funny phrases too!
The most endearing moment from this month was when we stayed in Beverley for a few nights – Busby brought a ball with her and was busy playing with it in the apartment when she suddenly turned to me and said…
Busby: “This ball is for baby, Mummy”
Me: “Ok… That’s very nice of you!”
Busby: “Yes I know!” *pulls up my dress* “Here you go, Baby!”
I wonder how long that will last when Peppercorn arrives??