Busby

Busby // Wild, Feisty & Strong

“She’s a stubborn little thing, isn’t she?” my Grandpa observed over lunch last week. My Mum and I looked at each other and smiled, “It’s a family trait.” we replied.

Busby’s personality has always been very apparent; she was incredibly strong-willed even as a Bump, but it’s certainly coming into its own more and more as the months pass. There’s a very apt Shakespeare quote that I feel sums her up completely:

“Though she be but little, she is fierce.”

The photos below were taken during our week in Sussex last week; I feel like they epitomise the above quote. They also reminded me of this amazing Huffington Post article that a friend shared on Facebook a few days ago. It really struck a chord with me; we try to encourage Busby to be herself – to be strong, to be independent. As you can see!
wild toddler Busby loves nothing more than being outdoors, building something and getting very muddy! In the photos taken at Nymans (below), she had just involved herself in a game of building mounds with bark with an older boy (5ish) – it was one of those heart-in-mouth moments, where you never know whether she’ll be rejected by the other child, but he was so good with her! We sat, watching her, smiling, encouraging her to continue, our hearts breaking a little bit. The boy eventually went off with his mum, and she was a bit lost, but then she got back into the swing of things and started making the mounds herself.
Toddler fun Toddler fun Toddler fun Toddler funI’m so proud of my feisty, strong and wild Toddler, and long may she continue to be her own person.

*Linking up to Let Kids Be Kids, Country Kids, The Ordinary Moments and Living Arrows.*

1. Mummy Tries

18th April 2015 at 5:19 am

Beautiful post Hannah, and gorgeous photos. Cherish this time before baby comes along and life changes. Hope you are well 🙂
    Mummy Tries recently posted…Family Update: April 2015My Profile

2. Sarah MumofThree World

18th April 2015 at 6:21 am

These photos are so beautiful. Reading about Busby, she sounds a lot like my niece, who I think is a similar age (my niece is 2 and 3 months) – she’s such a strong personality, we’ve never known anyone like her!
    Popping over from Country Kids.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…What she wore: Floral jeansMy Profile

3. Coombe Mill

18th April 2015 at 9:29 am

It’s great that Busby’s growing up and is really developing her own little personality. She looks like she’s having a great time building little wood chip mounds, it’s lovely when kids are so accepting of one another and play together nicely isn’t it? Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Country Kids from Coombe MillMy Profile

4. Kerry

18th April 2015 at 7:13 pm

I have 3 feisty girls and I love that all have such an ‘oomph’ about them! She really is gorgeous – stunning pictures too 🙂 Kerry x
    Kerry recently posted…Dragging them through the Daff’s – #CountryKidsMy Profile

5. Confessions of a New Mummy

18th April 2015 at 8:15 pm

Gorgeous post and photos Hannah x
    Confessions of a New Mummy recently posted…My Happy PlaceMy Profile

6. Let Kids Be Kids

19th April 2015 at 1:17 pm

Aw gorgeous pics, lovely post. She looks so happy and definitely fitting for the quote!
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids
    Let Kids Be Kids recently posted…Lambing time in the New ForestMy Profile

7. Katie @mummydaddyme

19th April 2015 at 3:01 pm

As I say every time she is so beautiful and is looking so grown up. I have two feisty, stubborn, wild spirited little girls, and myself and my husband often say to each other that we are glad we are teaching them to have a ‘bit of fire and a personality’- even if they drive us mad sometimes! x
    Katie @mummydaddyme recently posted…{The Ordinary Moments 15} #16 ‘Against The Garage Door’My Profile

8. Sarah (@tobygoesbananas)

19th April 2015 at 3:49 pm

I’m sure she has her moments, but Busby always looks like she is having so much fun and enjoying everything that life throws her way. Toby is definitely getting a mind of his own now, and when he knows what he wants he won’t be told otherwise!
    Sarah (@tobygoesbananas) recently posted…Mummy, mummy! {The Ordinary Moments #26}My Profile

9. gemslittletreasures

19th April 2015 at 6:55 pm

They are beautiful pictures. And feisty is good-nothing like a bit of excitement and keeping you on your toes to bring up a stong independent young lady
    gemslittletreasures recently posted…(Ordinary Moments 15) *No 4*My Profile

10. Mary

20th April 2015 at 5:22 pm

Busby is so cute and sounds exactly like my Miss Megan who is 3 in June! Stubborn knows her mind and loves, loves,loves being outdoors – I think they’d make excellent friends and a force to be reckoned with 😉 x
    Mary recently posted…The Ordinary Moments 16/52 – Reminiscing and BoatingMy Profile

11. Wave to Mummy

21st April 2015 at 2:27 am

Aww what beautiful photos – loving the look on her face in the first one – just brilliant! That lolly must have been tasty 🙂 Love the fact that kids always manage to have fun with the tinyest things, like bark and sticks, and building mounds, it is just so cute. There is lots for us adults to learn from that too… #countrykids
    Wave to Mummy recently posted…Meeting and feeding reindeer in LaplandMy Profile

12. Natalie @ Little Jam Pot Life Blog

21st April 2015 at 9:01 pm

Fab post. I have very free-spirited, wild little souls. the ones who know their own minds, will say it how it is but also hold the hugest amount of love for their loved ones too. xx
    Natalie @ Little Jam Pot Life Blog recently posted…Living Arrows 2015 – 16/52My Profile