Review // Minbie Baby Teats & Bottles
We’ve been super lucky to be sent some gorgeous, innovative products to try when Peppercorn makes his grand entrance in June! One of the products we’ve been gifted is a baby bottle and set of teats from Australian company Minbie. I hadn’t heard of Minbie previously, and was very curious to read more and have a look at their bottles.
I really hope that I’m able to breastfeed Peppercorn – I feel a lot more prepared and informed this time round. However, if I encounter similar struggles – or just want a nap in the day or a slightly extended night snooze – I will express, and a product like the Minbie bottle sounds ideal as it is designed to support and nurture a newborn’s instinctive breastfeeding technique. The design of the Minbie bottle shouldn’t interfere with breastfeeding, as some Health Professionals often argue other bottles on the market do.
What makes the Minbie bottle teat different from other teats on the market?
– It is made from high quality, soft silicone.
– The teat matches breastfeeding techniques.
– The tapering nipple is designed to sit closer to the soft palate, thus assisting with latching on, feeding and swallowing.
– The teat has a shallower upper profile towards the tip, which supports the baby’s instinctive ability to nurse the nipple.
– The above may reduce reflux and colic.
– The nipple on the teat is slightly off-centre, which offers a more natural and sustainable latch on.
– There is a small streamlined bulge on the tongue side of the teat, which assists with baby’s instinctive breastfeeding technique.
I’m really looking forward to trying the Minbie bottle once Peppercorn is here; it sounds like such an exciting, inventive product, which may even assist in our breastfeeding journey!
The bottles start from £4.67 and the teats from £9.35, and both are available to buy on the Minbie website.