Busby, Busby Updates

Busby // 29 months

Busby at 29 months Another month has flown by, and this may be Busby’s last month as an only child! Once again she has been getting increasingly more excited about the prospect of becoming a big sister, and keeps telling me everything her and her new sidekick are going to get up to together; including, playing with her garage, using the walker (“Baby hold this side, and I hold this side, and we walk together!”) and sharing all her toys… we’ll see how that transpires once he’s a few months old and starts to grab things!

Busby’s favourite books this month have been Shoe Baby by Joyce Dunbar, which we re-discovered whilst unpacking a huge box of books after moving. Her bestie gave it to her before we left Sussex, and every time we read it she says, “H reads this book with her Daddy every day”. She’s also re-discovered a love for The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr.

We visited a Nursery in our new village, which looks to be lovely. Busby settled in immediately; playing with all of the toys and staring at the fish. We’re hoping to get her started in the next few weeks before the baby arrives, so she’s settled and happy, and doesn’t feel ousted. It’s going to be odd for me sending her to Nursery again, as I’ve had her almost everyday for the past 5ish months, so I think there might be some Mama separation anxiety on the first session… she’ll be absolutely fine while I sob into a packet of chocolate digestives! It’s so important for her to be around little people her own age, and she benefits from it immensely, so I know she’ll love going again.
motherhood

Busby’s imagination play has stepped up a gear this month, and she’s constantly in another world – either cooking in her kitchen, asking us to “follow me” on an adventure, or even hosting her own Monkey Music class with her toys! She’s incredibly bossy, however, and loves nothing more than telling us all what to do. It’s very interesting to hear her command us, as I never realised how often I say “Right!” when I want to get on with a task.

Busby "teaching"

Busby “teaching”

One of her favourite activities this month has been drawing, and she’s doing so well drawing faces – with eyes, smiles and noses in the right place! She has also loved Playdoh and painting, and there has been lots of singing!

1. Sara (@mumturnedmom)

20th May 2015 at 8:52 pm

My little girl, who has just turned three is also very bossy and sings all the time 🙂 This post really made me smile, it’s such a lovely (if exhausting!) age x #SSAA
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…Rewind: the twoMy Profile

2. Clare

20th May 2015 at 9:11 pm

Gosh she’s so big now!! When did that happen?!
    Clare recently posted…5 Tips for Managing a Tight BudgetMy Profile

3. Jenny Eaves

20th May 2015 at 9:18 pm

Aww, she sounds like she’s going to be a fab big sister. Amazing how well she’s getting on with drawing, O is 3.5 and still can’t draw anything constructive! 🙂 x
    Jenny Eaves recently posted…Creating Bespoke Items for Your HomeMy Profile

4. Let Kids Be Kids

21st May 2015 at 9:37 am

Lovely watching imaginary play develop. It’s interesting to see yourself through their play! Sounds like she’s going to be a lovely big sister.
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids
    Let Kids Be Kids recently posted…Simple shell craftingMy Profile

5. Amanda Walsh

21st May 2015 at 10:42 am

Its so lovely watching there imagination take over isn’t it, Mr C’s favourite book is currently The Tiger Who Came To Tea aswell 🙂 ##SSAA
    Amanda Walsh recently posted…I can’t get no sleepMy Profile

6. Lauren | Belle du brighton

23rd May 2015 at 10:26 pm

Isn’t it amazing what we learn about ourselves from our toddlers! It’s so funny to hear them imitate us isn’t it! She’s got such a gorgeous smile! I started a new linky for posts like these btw (monthly updates/milestones etc) called #WhatMyKidDid, on the 1st of each month, i’ll give you a shout when it’s open again in case you want to link this up!
    Oh! and please let me know your address I have some baby bits to send you! xx
    Lauren | Belle du brighton recently posted…My plans for family fitnessMy Profile

7. Jane - Our Little Escapades

26th May 2015 at 9:21 pm

I love that she is excited about being a big sister, I really hope she shares as easily as she says she will. We are having issues with this at the moment! I’m sure she will enjoy playgroup and you will be very busy soon enough ;0)

Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
    x
    Jane – Our Little Escapades recently posted…Thinking Slimmer – Week 16 + 17 UpdateMy Profile