Photos, The Week That Was: Captured

The Week That Was: Captured #98

Howdy! Welcome to The Week That Was: Captured! Have you had a wonderful week?

The rules for #TWTWC are simple; link up one post about your week (it doesn’t have to be the whole week – it can just be one day, or your weekend)! It can be photographed, Instagrammed, written, videoed… basically in any format you wish! This linky is about capturing memories and I treat it a bit like an online diary. Please only link up relevant posts. Also, if you fancy commenting on other people’s posts that would be super too – everyone loves a comment!

Last week
dreaming of the countryI loved reading Rachel’s (Dreaming of the Country) update last week – her photos were gorgeous, and it was interesting to hear how life with two is going!!!

Little ButtonsLittle Button Diaries is always a weekly highlight for me – their photos are stunning and I especially loved their bluebell field photos last week.

yorkshire totsI really enjoyed Yorkshire Tots‘ post last week about the Otley Show. It sounds like just the place Busby would love, and their photos were beautiful.

Our week
Sunday was a very up and down day! Nick and I headed to IKEA after finishing packing up a few last bits. We had a successful trip and bought everything we needed! However, there was a small incident with the van and a car as we were picking up the last pieces of furniture from the warehouse, which put a dampener on the day.

I turned 35 weeks pregnant on Monday! The day was spent putting up essential furniture (beds and curtain rails), and we slept at the house as a family for the first time!

TWTWC

1. “Pregnant at IKEA” should be a Channel 4 survival show… (Sunday) // 2. Turning 35 weeks (Monday) // 3. Happy post (Monday) // 4. Pretending to snore (Monday)

Busby and I had a lovely day on Tuesday pottering around the house, unpacking lots of boxes and rediscovering toys and books.

TWTWC

5. Accidental 4pm nap (Monday) // 6. Well-deserved cup of tea (Tuesday) // 7. Don’t mind if I do Mr Sloth (Tuesday) // 8. Snoozy face (Tuesday)

Nick’s parents came over on Wednesday to help us make headway with the boxes. We made the Cocktail Lounge (living room) liveable and turned it into a beautiful, welcoming space… with curtains!!!

Nick’s parents were over again on Thursday; Nick’s Dad finished lining our kitchen and family room so we could paint. I had my Home Birth Booking appointment in the afternoon, which was fantastic! You can read more about it here. I also made it onto the front page of Mumsnet’s Blogger Network, which was pretty exciting!!!

TWTWC

9. Breakfast in bed as Busby didn’t wake up until after 9am! (Thursday) // 10. Second breakfast (Thursday) // 11. Happy post (Thursday) // 12. Eek! Front page! (Thursday)

I was awake very early Friday morning with lower back cramps, and finally got to sleep about 7am… I spent the morning feeling utterly exhausted and dizzy, so Nick came home from work early so I could rest, and didn’t have to worry about collapsing in front of Busby. I spent the afternoon in bed, resting and suffering a few more bouts of the cramps – wondering whether Baby might make an early entrance.

Another restless night on Friday meant that I was fairly shattered by the time Saturday arrived! (I do hope the next few weeks aren’t going to continue along this vein, as I shall be a shell of a woman by the time Baby arrives…) Busby had been up early but miraculously went back to sleep and slept until 10am, so I had a slow get-up while Nick headed out to pick up some food for the BBQ. We hosted a mini party in the afternoon for Nick’s Mum to celebrate her birthday, and all ate far too much! The sun was shining and the garden was gloriously warm. Saturday evening was spent watching Eurovision!!!! YAY! Usually, Nick and I watch it with a bottle of prosecco, but alas this year it was pineapple juice for me…

TWTWC

13. I just can’t get enough of this! (Saturday) // 14. Lazy breakfast (Saturday) // 15. I can’t believe my Cath Kidston dress still fits over the bowling ball baby! (Saturday) // 16. Building the BBQ (Saturday)

What have you been up to this week?

TWTWC

1. Kaye

24th May 2015 at 7:34 am

Happy 35 (nearly 36) weeks! Not long now. Congrats on making the front page of Mumsnet, how exciting! Kaye x
    Kaye recently posted…Fashion Friday; What Did The Fox Say? // 019My Profile

2. Franki ~ Little Luca & Me

24th May 2015 at 8:11 am

Sounds like a hectic week you’ve had but it must feel lovely to be making headway with the house. That yellow chair is fabulous by the way!

I love pineapple juice, I could drink it all day long yet I hate actual pineapple, can’t stand the texture. They say fresh pineapple is good for bringing on labour don’t they?

Xx
    Franki ~ Little Luca & Me recently posted…Making a house our homeMy Profile

3. Erin @Yorkshiretots

24th May 2015 at 8:34 am

What a great week for you. Well done with Mumsnet and thank you for the mention this week – made my morning!
    Erin @Yorkshiretots recently posted…A Family Day at Diggerland Review Castleford, West YorkshireMy Profile

4. Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

24th May 2015 at 9:30 am

Pleased the move went well. I adore your gin and tonic mug, I need one lol! Hope you all have a lovely week xx
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

5. Lauren

24th May 2015 at 9:53 am

Your weeks are always so busy. It makes me feel really lazy. It’s so exciting reading your pregnancy updates. You look amazing xx
    Lauren recently posted…This Week in 5 | 24.05.15My Profile

6. Betty and the Bumps

24th May 2015 at 12:41 pm

Saturday was such a lovely day up in Newcastle, too. I’m not a big fan of warm weather but I do see why people are so mad about summer; it makes such a big difference when the sun is out.

Loving the Cath Kidston dress. Looks like you’re certainly getting your money’s worth!!!

x

#TWTWC
    Betty and the Bumps recently posted…Life LatelyMy Profile

7. Karen

24th May 2015 at 2:03 pm

Gosh, I can’t believe you have only a few weeks left before before the baby arrives! So exiting!
    Karen recently posted…Silent Sunday My Profile

8. Shannon Hudson

25th May 2015 at 6:38 am

Another busy week! You’re amazing to be doing so much at 35 weeks. When I was 35 weeks pregnant, I could barely get off the sofa! Congrats on getting to sleep together in your house and for making it on mumsnet!
    Shannon Hudson recently posted…Our week in photos – 24/5/15My Profile

9. Mummyandmonkeys

25th May 2015 at 9:06 am

Wow your pregnancy is flying by, not long to go now 🙂 Loving all the home decorations and the BBQ xx
    Mummyandmonkeys recently posted…My week in photo’sMy Profile

10. San @2littlefaces

25th May 2015 at 7:40 pm

We built our BBQ this weekend too! Can’t wait till it gets warmer so we can BBQ all day long hahaha. Loving the bowling ball 😀 x
    San @2littlefaces recently posted…No Technology Sunday #6My Profile

11. Francesca Govier

26th May 2015 at 10:03 pm

Love an ikea trip! Shame you had a bad ending but wonderful to get everything ready.. happy 35 weeks bump! Hope you are not too uncomfortable and get some rest xx
    Francesca Govier recently posted…My Week at a Glance #4My Profile

12. Michelle Bailey

27th May 2015 at 1:25 pm

It looks like you new home is really coming on. It looks lovely! I love the yellow chair! 🙂 x
    Michelle Bailey recently posted…Is prevention better than cure? – A Sudocrem Care & Protect ReviewMy Profile