The Week That Was: Captured

The Week That Was: Captured #101

Hullo! Welcome to The Week That Was: Captured! Have you had a wonderful week?

The rules for #TWTWC are simple; link up one post about your week (it doesn’t have to be the whole week – it can just be one day, or your weekend)! It can be photographed, Instagrammed, written, videoed… basically in any format you wish! This linky is about capturing memories and I treat it a bit like an online diary. Please only link up relevant posts. Also, if you fancy commenting on other people’s posts that would be super too – everyone loves a comment!

Last week

ciderHuge congratulations to Sophie (Cider with Sophie) on the purchase of their new abode! It sounds like they’ve been super busy moving in, especially with a toddler in tow! But the change of pace in life sounds wonderful.

footprintsI loved Kelly’s (Our Footprints on the World) post last week about her date with her lovely little man! Gorgeous photos too… and it left me craving the beach!

bettyI really enjoyed Beth’s (Betty and the Bumps) post – it was lovely to catch up with her life and it sounds like they’ve been experiencing similar amounts of DIYing as us!

Our week
We attended the first session of our Hypnobirthing “crash course” on Sunday, which was absolutely fantastic! It was wonderful to be able to spend the day with Nick and concentrate on our baby without any interruptions.

Monday saw a rather frustrating visit from the Health Visitor to check that we don’t live in a squat and that we have fire alarms. It was a very patronising visit, and I arrived at our Hypnobirthing session that evening feeling quite angry. I left feeling floaty and relaxed! I also turned 38 weeks pregnant!

Busby and I didn’t get up to much on Tuesday. I got to work on the birthing ball and we had a relaxed day around the house.

1. 38 weeks pregnant! (Monday) // 2. Tea anyone? (Monday) // 3. Bump shelf (Tuesday) // 4. Birthing ball time (Tuesday)

Busby had Nursery on Wednesday morning, but was up at 4am… she finally got back to sleep but then slept in, making her and Nick very late for Nursery and work. I’d been up with tightenings that were getting more and more regular until I fell asleep about 6.30am! They disappeared as soon as Busby threw a “I don’t want to go to Nursery” tantrum. I spent the morning trying to get some work done, and then afternoon feeling utterly shattered. Busby and I had a very late nap in the afternoon, as neither of us could keep going.

5. "Mummy, I sit in your chair. I'm a grown-up!" *sob* (Tuesday) // 6. Tired smooches (Tuesday) // 7. Beautiful post (Wednesday) // 8. Snoozing (Wednesday)

5. “Mummy, I sit in your chair. I’m a grown-up!” *sob* (Tuesday) // 6. Tired smooches (Tuesday) // 7. Beautiful post (Wednesday) // 8. Snoozing (Wednesday)

Thursday was Busby’s first almost-full day at Nursery, which after a tense day on Wednesday, I was rather happy about. I spent the day working and relaxing (thanks for the nail varnish Lauren!) rather than rushing about like a mad thing. The evening was spent nesting; downstairs is now very Midwife-friendly.

Our Friday was rather bothering and uninspired… the weather was pretty rubbish too! We did have some lovely post however, and FaceTimed my Mum.

We had a lovely day on Saturday as a three! Nick let me have a lie in, and then after a lovely cuddle in bed watching CBeebies on iPlayer, we had a drive to the shops to pick up some clothes for Busby, lampshades for the lounge and bedroom, and then a trip to buy cake from Waitrose for afternoon tea!

9. Sunshine and pretty dresses (Thursday) // 10. We are now completely prepared - thanks Cosatto! (Thursday) // 11. Happy matchy-matchy post! (Friday) // 12. Our Costa date was cancelled as someone fell asleep! (Saturday)

9. Sunshine and pretty dresses (Thursday) // 10. We are now completely prepared – thanks Cosatto! (Thursday) // 11. Happy matchy-matchy post! (Friday) // 12. Our Costa date was cancelled as someone fell asleep! (Saturday)

What have you been up to this week?

TWTWC

1. Erin @Yorkshiretots

14th June 2015 at 8:01 am

I loved my hypnobirthing cds! I had a c-section in the end but I found them so useful for relaxing during pregnancy. I really recommend the post birth hypnotherapy cd as well. I got mine from the NCT (my pregnancy yoga teacher lent me hers). You got some great photos again this week!
    Erin @Yorkshiretots recently posted…Win Family Tickets to the Upcoming Oakwell Music Festival on Sunday, July 12thMy Profile

2. Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

14th June 2015 at 10:02 am

38 weeks!!! Oooh I am getting excited for you huni! Lovely pictures and I love your summer dress, such gorgeous colours. Hope you have a great week xx
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins recently posted…8th June – 14th June 2015 – One Picture Everyday For One YearMy Profile

3. Michelle (@AFamilyChatter)

14th June 2015 at 10:45 am

It sounds like you are all prepared for the arrival of your brand new baby! Sorry to hear you had a patronising visit by a HV this week. I understand the reason they check these things but they don’t need to make it quite so obvious! Love your car seat and the matching outfits! So cute! 🙂 x
    Michelle (@AFamilyChatter) recently posted…Toy Wash and PaddlingMy Profile

4. Lauren | Belle du brighton

14th June 2015 at 12:31 pm

You are very welcome for the nail varnish! might be your last chance to pamper yourself for a little while (sorry to be the bearer of bad news haha!)
    Lauren | Belle du brighton recently posted…Stuff on a Sunday #34My Profile

5. Kelly-Marie

14th June 2015 at 5:49 pm

Counting down the days now really! How much has Busby got involved with the pregnancy I bet she is loving seeing your tummy grow.
    Thank you for the mention, sorry to make you envious of the beach though heheh
    Kelly-Marie recently posted…Meeting Mr BloomMy Profile

6. Shannon Hudson

14th June 2015 at 6:47 pm

38 weeks! So close! I don’t remember having a visit from the HV to see the house before Pumpkin arrived – is that just something certain councils do? Weird – and so intrusive! Your summer dress is lovely and so are those flowers! have a lovely week!
    Shannon Hudson recently posted…Our week in photos: 14/6/15My Profile

7. Everything Mummy

14th June 2015 at 8:17 pm

eek I can’t believe your at 38 weeks now it seems 5 minutes ago I was reading your posts announcing your pregnancy hope its not much longer for you xx
    Everything Mummy recently posted…Big Milk Smoothies!My Profile

8. Kate ✚

14th June 2015 at 8:47 pm

LOVE your yellow chair ♡ looks like a lovely week 🙂 xx
    Kate ✚ recently posted…♡ Little bits #26 ♡My Profile

9. Lins @Boo & Maddie

15th June 2015 at 1:00 pm

What a lovely week, although grr to your health visitor for making you feel a bit rubbish. Glad you were able to put it all to rights later on.

By the way, love that beautiful turqquoisey dress X
    Lins @Boo & Maddie recently posted…Monday Catch Up #3My Profile

10. LittleOandMe

16th June 2015 at 7:50 pm

Sorry, the HV visit was rubbish, I remember feeling like I was under some sort of test and hated it. Yay for hypnobirthing, I wish I had learnt a bit more about it during my pregnancy. I love the matchy matchy tops, very cute!
    Have a lovely week and thank you for hosting,
    Becky xx
    LittleOandMe recently posted…Our week that was #53: Bad news & feeling gratefulMy Profile

11. Confessions of a New Mummy

16th June 2015 at 9:27 pm

Oooh its so close now! Hope he doesn’t keep you waiting too much longer! I’m amazed at just how busy you’re keeping. Also – LOVING the yellow chair, gorgeous! x
    Confessions of a New Mummy recently posted…The week that was captured : 8th – 14th JuneMy Profile