The Week That Was: Captured

The Week That Was: Captured #103

Why hello there! We’re back!!!

Welcome to The Week That Was: Captured! Have you had a wonderful few weeks? Apologies for the lack of #TWTWC over the past three weeks – someone rather lovely arrived in our lives and I’ve been busy getting to know him!

mellie green review

“Indy” (blog alias) arrived on Tuesday 23rd June 2015 at 14.31 BST, weighing in at 8lb 7oz. He’s so delicious!

Anyway, back to #TWTWC!

The rules for #TWTWC are simple; link up one post about your week (it doesn’t have to be the whole week – it can just be one day, or your weekend)! It can be photographed, Instagrammed, written, videoed… basically in any format you wish! This linky is about capturing memories and I treat it a bit like an online diary. Please only link up relevant posts. Also, if you fancy commenting on other people’s posts that would be super too – everyone loves a comment!

Our week(s)

I won’t bother recapping all of the past three weeks as it has pretty much been:

• feed Indy
  • eat cake
  • drink tea
  • have a nap
  • stare at Indy
  • change nappy
  • repeat

But I’ll write about the highlights!

Tuesday 23rd June: “Indy” arrived! What an amazing day! You can read his birth story here – I would wholeheartedly recommend a home water birth to anyone thinking of having one.

Wednesday 24th June: Busby met Indy for the first time, as did all the grandparents.

Busby and Indy

The two weeks that followed involved lots of family time, with Nick on paternity leave… and lots of time with my boobs out feeding! Indy is quite the greedy chap! I breastfed in public for the first time, which I’m really proud of and am so glad feeding in public is not as daunting as I thought it might be… a little awkward at times *boob flash*!

Indy and I visited the Midwife on Monday (6th July), and she confirmed he’s putting on weight, which is such a relief that my milk seems to be keeping him afloat! He then proceeded to wee all over her, which was slightly awkward…especially as she’d just run out of paper towelling.

My Mum arrived on Tuesday evening to stay for a few days as Nick was due back at work on Wednesday.

1. Siblings (Monday) // 2. Being a newborn is exhausting! (Tuesday) // 3. Chai tea lattes are keeping me topped up with milk! (Tuesday) // 4. Whenever Indy wants comfort, he shuffles himself up and tucks his head underneath my chin (Wednesday)

Wednesday was spent feeding… and playing with Busby in the garden when Indy was asleep in the afternoon!

We went into Beverley on Thursday for a spot of lunch and shopping… We had a lovely wander around and catch up, and I dealt with Indy’s first public poonami incident! I’d forgotten about those! Thank goodness for the chai tea latte waiting for me afterwards… 15 minutes of crying, a whole pack of wipes and an entire outfit change later!

We headed to Waitrose on Friday to pick up picnic things, and then spent the afternoon in the garden eating and playing in the paddling pool.

TWTWC

5. A magnificent gift from my friend Becky of Magnificent Stanley (Wednesday) // 6. He’s looking so alert now! (Thursday) // 7. Ava & Luc dino pjs (Thursday) // 8. Beautiful Busby – post-paddling pool fun (Friday)

My Mum went home on Saturday and I spent most of the day feeding Indy! Which is pretty much how I’m spending life right now! We did a small amount of prep for our Wimbledon Final “Party” on Sunday… which involved another trip to Waitrose!

What have you been up to this week?

TWTWC

1. Carie

12th July 2015 at 6:35 am

You sound beautifully tucked up inside the new baby bubble, it’s a wonderful place to be! We’re planning a Wimbledon final bbq today which might just explain why the sky is so grey outside – I hope your party is sunny and all things lovely!
    Carie recently posted…28/52 {The 52 Project}My Profile

2. Lauren | Belle du brighton

12th July 2015 at 9:11 am

ahhh those early weeks of boobs and biscuits, they seem so long ago already! I am so glad feeding is going well and that Busby seems enamoured with her new bro!
    Lauren | Belle du brighton recently posted…Stuff on a Sunday #39My Profile

3. Jenna

12th July 2015 at 11:17 am

Oh Hannah, you seem so very happy as a new mama of two.

Indy (love the blog alias) is so scrumptious and Busby looks absolutely smitten. 🙂

Thanks for hosting #TWTWC – I always love linking up with you. xx
    Jenna recently posted…HappyDays #36My Profile

4. Nicki - ON THE CHANGING MAT

12th July 2015 at 12:07 pm

Beautiful photos Hannah! Such a relief that baby is gaining weight nicely! Such a gorgeous family.
    Thank you for hosting. Lots of love, Nicki x
    Nicki – ON THE CHANGING MAT recently posted…08.07.15 – A day in the lifeMy Profile

5. Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

12th July 2015 at 12:12 pm

I hope you are all well. I love the picture of Busby with Indy, she looks like such a proud big sister! I hope you have a lovely week, thank you for hosting. If you ever want a hand with TWTWC just shout xx
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

6. Katie R-M

12th July 2015 at 3:36 pm

Gorgeous pictures Hannah. I hope you aren’t too exhausted from all of the feeding. The poonami story sounds rather stressful – why are those always when you are out and about!? xx
    Katie R-M recently posted…An ordinary weekMy Profile

7. Kiri

13th July 2015 at 9:35 pm

Congratulations on the new addition! He is adorable. Sounds like you have been busy and have managed to get out of the house which is awesome when you have a young baby! I found breastfeeding in public a bit awkward at first but I soon got used to it and it made leaving the house so much easier.
    Kiri recently posted…This Week… 6-12 JulyMy Profile

8. Patrick Weseman

14th July 2015 at 4:03 am

Congrats and blessings on the new one in your family.

9. Lins @Boo & Maddie

14th July 2015 at 10:17 am

Awww so many congratulations, he is absolutely gorgeous and I love the piccie of he and Busby (great internet name too by the way!) Glad you’re all well and happy X
    Lins @Boo & Maddie recently posted…Monday Catch Up #7My Profile

10. caroline

15th July 2015 at 10:49 am

You sound so happy, Indy is so cute, I am super jealous I love those first few weeks. x
    caroline recently posted…How To: Organise a Summer FairMy Profile