Without a doubt, the best thing about starting a new school year was the stationery shopping trip I would partake in with my Mum a few weeks prior to the dreaded school return.
As a stationery addict there was (and still is) nothing quite as wonderful as thumbing my way through fresh, crisp white pages of potential notebooks, trying out pens on the little tester pads (or for smelly gel pens, my hand) and choosing which academic diary had the most potential space to be adorned with hundreds of Elijah Wood photos… Those days are behind me now, (to be frank, it’s all about my lovely Husband these days… or James McAvoy/Dan Stevens) but it won’t be long before Busby starts her own school adventure, and I’m most definitely looking forward to our stationery shopping quests.
I wouldn’t usually associate The Works with stationery (they’re a fantastic source for pre-school crafting goods, however!) but when they asked me to have a gander of their site I came across so many wonderful goodies, the stationery addict within began adding everything to my online shopping basket… Oops!
This is just a selection of the great Back to School section!
1. Deer Academic Diary: Isn’t it a beaut?? So on trend with its kraft cover and geometric deer! Plus it’s only £5.99!
2. Scribblicious Highlighter Pens: How cool are these? Love their little faces! I don’t think these would remain mine for very long before Busby commandeered them though. Best of all they’re only £1!
3. Blue Embossed Notebook: So in love with this! The teal would match everything I own perfectly and it looks so smart… and it’s only £3! Definitely going to have to make a cheeky purchase…
4. Set of Stabilo Pens: I’ve always had a bit of a thing for Stabilo pens… during my degree I colour-coded everything with these beauties. They’re also pretty good for colouring with in boring lectures! £15.99 for a pack of 20.
5. Lightbulb Notebook: Oh golly, isn’t this just the cutest?! Perfect for Bloggers and school children alike! Did I mention it’s only £2!?!
There are so many more items I could have chosen for this wishlist, and I know where I’ll be heading next time I have a stationery emergency! They also sell adult colouring books… time to start stocking up for Christmas!