The Week That Was: Captured

The Week That Was: Captured #108

Hullo! Welcome to The Week That Was: Captured! Have you had a lovely week?

The rules for #TWTWC are simple; link up one post about your week (it doesn’t have to be the whole week – it can just be one day, or your weekend)! It can be photographed, Instagrammed, written, videoed… basically in any format you wish! This linky is about capturing memories and I treat it a bit like an online diary. Please only link up relevant posts. Also, if you fancy commenting on other people’s posts that would be super too – everyone loves a comment!

Last Week

rachel

I loved Rachel’s post last week and her beautiful list of things she wants to remember about Oliver being 6 months old. We wish away our children’s lives so often, counting down until the next milestone etc, it was lovely to read a post that appreciated the here and now.

kizzy

I really enjoyed Kiri’s post last week. It sounds like they had a fab time in York, and Kiri also went self-hosted which is a big Blogger step! Hurrah!

mum in a nutshell

I loved Ali’s post last week about the Sidmouth Folk Festival. All of my childhood holidays were down in Devon, near Sidmouth so it brought back lots of happy memories! Also her photos were gorgeous.

Our Week

We headed to Lotherton Hall with Franki and her family on Sunday for the 1950s fete. It was a lovely day – even if I did spend the whole time feeding! We visited Nick’s parents on the way home and stayed for dinner, then left Busby there for the night.

Busby spent the day with the in-laws on Monday, so Indy and I stayed in bed all day feeding and having snuggles.

1. Milk drunk (Sunday) // 2. Rocking the woodland chic (Monday) // 3. Homemade babyccino (Tuesday) // 4. Chatterbox (Tuesday)

Tuesday was fairly uneventful. Our plans were postponed in the afternoon so we decamped upstairs into our bed to feed and play the CBeebies app (which is proving a godsend)! Indy turned 7 weeks old!

Busby was at Nursery on Wednesday morning, so Indy and I had a snuggly, slow get-up. Laura (@MrsLouPops), Little T and Daisy Dog came over for cake and a play in the afternoon.

Indy and I spent Thursday morning in bed as Busby was at Nursery. We headed to the Doctor in the afternoon for his 6 week check. Everything was fine, but his eyes have now been swabbed as they’re still gunky, and he’s been prescribed more eyedrops. Fingers crossed they work.

5. Happy post-Nursery (Wednesday) // 6. Playing doctors (Wednesday) // 7. Too much cute (Wednesday) // 8. *fist bump* (Thursday)

We all had a rough night so Friday was a duvet day! We had some well-timed deliveries, which helped the rainy day pass quickly.

Saturday morning was spent getting the house in some kind of order! Nick and Busby baked in the afternoon.

9. // 10. // 11. // 12.

9. Whose gym is it? (Friday)  // 10. Happy chappy (Friday) // 11. Well-deserved (Friday) // 12. My two beauties (Saturday)

What have you been up to this week?

#TWTWC will be hosted by Jo from Jo’s Nursery next week, as we’re off to Sussex for my birthday! Thanks Jo!

TWTWC

1. Notmyyearoff

16th August 2015 at 6:30 am

Aww glad you’ve had lots of snugly days with Indy. They sound the best. Hope his eyes clear up soon. I was forever wiping Zs eyes with sterile cotton wool when he was first born as they were so gunky. Can’t believe he’s 6 weeks already!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…Learning to eat out with gestational diabetesMy Profile

2. Franki ~ Little Luca & Me

16th August 2015 at 8:20 am

We had a lovely day too at Lotherton, was really nice to see you again. Will send you some dates over for that BBQ.
    I didn’t realise it was your birthday next week. Hope you have a lovely time. Xx
    Franki ~ Little Luca & Me recently posted…Remembering why I blog.My Profile

3. Ali

16th August 2015 at 8:58 am

Thanks so much for the feature mention! Small world, we love Sidmouth its one of my favourite seaside towns.
    Ali recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Croyde Beach My Profile

4. Lyn Bown

16th August 2015 at 9:33 am

Gorgeous photos. Sounds like you had a good week. x

5. Kiri

16th August 2015 at 10:10 am

Thank you do much for featuring my blog this week 🙂 we haven’t tried the CBeebies app I will have to download that. Izzy is really into CBeebies at the moment. They look so adorable together.
    Kiri recently posted…8 ways to keep kids active when it’s rainingMy Profile

6. Alison

16th August 2015 at 4:35 pm

Aw, some absolutely gorgeous pictures there. Agree the CBeebies app is fantastic, but a little bit annoying since they updated the drawing app — love Alexander Armstrong, but hearing his say “Paintbrush!” fifty times in five minutes can get a little wearing.
    Alison recently posted…My Week in One Photo 16/08/15My Profile

7. Betty and the Bumps

16th August 2015 at 8:10 pm

Gwenn had a gunky eye from birth too; it flares up from time to time even now. I think we just used cooled boiled water for a few weeks and it cleared up. She was always scratching her face like Edward Scissorhands though, which probably didn’t help matters. x
    Betty and the Bumps recently posted…What I wore this week – Seven DaysMy Profile

8. LittleOandMe

16th August 2015 at 8:13 pm

Oh, such lovely baby photos, isn’t Indy just gorgeous! I will have to make Oliver a homemade baby chino, he looks so chuffed when he has one when we are out. I hope Indy’s eyes are better, I am sure you have already but breastmilk always cleared Oliver’s eye up.
    Hope you have a fab week and thanks for hosting #TWTWC
    Becky x
    LittleOandMe recently posted…To Pre-School or not to Pre-School?My Profile

9. Jenna

16th August 2015 at 10:28 pm

Busby’s baby chino face is hilarious – how happy does she look?!

I am loving Indy’s outfits, best dressed baby around for sure. 🙂

Thanks for hosting and have a lovely trip to Sussex. xx
    Jenna recently posted…My Little Ornitholgist {Living Arrows #2}My Profile

10. Mummyandmonkeys

17th August 2015 at 9:45 am

Gosh your post has made me miss the new born cuddles stage! Sounds like a lovely quiet week. x
    Mummyandmonkeys recently posted…A week in Devon – Devon in photo’sMy Profile

11. karen

17th August 2015 at 11:35 am

I love the photos. They are making me even more broody! Love the gin jug! 😉
    karen recently posted…Our week in photos – French holidayMy Profile

12. Lins @Boo & Maddie

17th August 2015 at 1:30 pm

A 1950s fete sounds fabulous, definitely my favourite era from recent history. I hope Indy’s eyes get better soon poor love X
    Lins @Boo & Maddie recently posted…Monday Catch Up #12My Profile

13. Suz

17th August 2015 at 1:44 pm

What a great read! Looks like you had a wonderful week! We love having cost days in the house, it’s what I look forward too these days! Suz x beauisblue.com

14. Caroline

17th August 2015 at 10:07 pm

Such gorgeous photos and sounds like a very cuddly week, enjoy those baby snuggles. xx
    Caroline recently posted…Review – Name Tags 4 u {Monday Mention}My Profile