Review // Bamboo Muslin Swaddle from bubba bambu
I’ve developed a bit of a passion for large swaddle muslins during Indy’s first few months; they’re a parenting must-have, especially as it’s been far too warm for the blankets I used to wrap our winter baby, Busby, up in.
We were sent a bamboo muslin swaddle from bubba bambu to try out. The swaddle is huge (120cm x 120cm) and is made from 100% bamboo, which means it is super soft.
- Bamboo is the ideal material to compliment the gentle softness of a baby’s skin. The unique properties of bamboo mean that there are no rough edges and this results in a cashmeresque softness.
- Bamboo also has the “magical” ability to thermoregulate.
- Bamboo has anti-fungal properties and is naturally antibacterial.
- Bamboo is perfect for sensitive skin due to its hypoallergenic properties.
- Bamboo is moisture wicking meaning it absorbs and evaporates moisture more quickly than cotton, so whether it’s a dribbling baby or a sweaty child, bamboo clothing will help keep them fresh all day.
- Bamboo is 100% biodegradable, and is the fastest growing plant in the world. It also thrives naturally without the use of pesticides or fertilisers, so it’s the absolute ideal sustainable fabric.
The muslin has been so so useful! Indy doesn’t like being swaddled, but I have used it as a light blanket on cooler days when he’s been in his carseat/pushchair. It’s also been a fab pushchair/carseat cover on sunny days while we’ve been out and about, as bamboo’s thermoregulating properties mean it’s the perfect material for this use.
Because the swaddle is so huge, it’s been a great breastfeeding cover and burp cloth!
The swaddle muslin washes wonderfully; retaining its softness wash after wash, and hasn’t shrunk or become scratchy as some of our other muslins have.
The bamboo muslin swaddle costs £15.99 and is available to buy on the bubba bambu website.