The Week That Was: Captured #111
Hullo! Welcome to The Week That Was: Captured! Have you had a lovely few weeks? We’re back!
The rules for #TWTWC are simple; link up one post about your week (it doesn’t have to be the whole week – it can just be one day, or your weekend)! It can be photographed, Instagrammed, written, videoed… basically in any format you wish! This linky is about capturing memories and I treat it a bit like an online diary. Please only link up relevant posts. Also, if you fancy commenting on other people’s posts that would be super too – everyone loves a comment!
Our (few) weeks
The past few weeks have been a blur of friends and family. We travelled down to Sussex to introduce Indy to the beautiful South and to our loved ones down there.
To summarise our adventure:
- Nick and I had our first Date Night out since Indy’s arrival (at the gastropub 5 minutes away from my Mum’s house!).
- I turned 28.
- We ate lots of delicious food.
- I finally had a Bill’s halloumi burger after months without.
- Nick travelled back to Yorkshire for work and I did my first three nights (or rather, early mornings – 3am Toddler AND Newborn rave anyone?!) of solo parenting two children…
- We caught up with more friends and family!
- Nick came back for the Bank Holiday weekend.
- We did even more catching up!
- We spent almost nine hours travelling home in horrific traffic…!
Once back we haven’t stopped!
Nick was back at work on Tuesday, and Busby spent the day with his parents so I could catch up with sleep and/or work… Neither of which happened as Indy spent the whole day awake!
Busby had Nursery on Wednesday morning, but I was called to pick her up before lunch as she’d been sick. I spent the rest of the day trying to convince her to nap as she was still full of beans despite being poorly! Indy had his immunisations in the afternoon… sob!
Nick’s parents took Busby for the day on Thursday as she wasn’t allowed in Nursery due to being sick the previous day; she was feeling lots better! I tried to get some work done, but again Indy was awake for the whole day.
I was sick on Friday morning so had to cancel our play date. Nick came home from work at lunch to take the children so I could rest. I spent the afternoon in bed.
We went shopping on Saturday and picked up some bits for the house; lots of frames and some lampshades! Busby spent the afternoon crafting, and I started putting Indy’s picture wall together.
What have you been up to this week?