Review + Giveaway // Welcome to The Furchester Hotel DVD
We’re huge The Furchester Hotel fans here at Make, Do and Push! HQ, so we were over the moon when the latest Furchester DVD popped through our letter box.
If you’ve never watched The Furchester Hotel before, then you’re in for a treat! The series is shown on our beloved CBeebies, and is designed for 3 to 6-year-olds, but Busby loves it at almost-3 (and Nick and I love it at almost-30!). The show is set in a ½-star rated hotel run by a close-knit family of cheerfully chaotic monsters – including Elmo and Cookie Monster from Sesame Street!
Welcome to the Furchester Hotel is the series’ first DVD, which features six episodes from the hit CBeebies show, including:
- Welcome to the Furchester. Mr. Director and his assistant Carol are visiting The Furchester Hotel to shoot a video to promote the establishment and are very surprised when they find that it is run by monsters! Mr. Director follows the exciting escapades of the hotel and its residents, uncovering lots of unusual activities along the way.
- Don’t Eat the Guests. We love this episode as Cookie Monster is the main featured monster!Catastrophe strikes when the hotel runs out of cookies and Cookie Monster descends into panic. The arrival of Mr. Crumb, a living cookie, does little to help matters and responsibility falls to the Furchester Hotel team to ensure his safety whilst they wait for the cookie shipment.
- Very Important Porcupine. The arrival of Pierce the Porcupine causes alarm amongst the hotels residents who fear his prickly appearance. Elmo and Phoebe relish the chance to make a new friend and ensure that Pierce has a fantastic stay at the Furchester.
- Yodel-Ay-Hee-Hoo! A kerfuffle is caused when the hotels telephone ceases to work, calling for some creative thinking from the Furchester team. After trialing a series of tin can telephones, Furgus, Phoebe and Elmo turn to the hotel’s newest resident, Professor Fleece, for lessons in yodeling.
- Count Your Chickens. Local tour guide, Griff, turns to the Furchester team to watch his latest group, consisting of five chickens, whilst he fetches his bus from the garage. Following his departure, chaos descends across the hotel as the chickens disappear and the Tea Time Monsters run riot.
- The Veggietones. This is my favourite episode of The Furchester Hotel! Funella hires The Veggietones to serenade the hotels guests, much to Elmo and Phoebe’s delight. The group’s initial performances cause concern amongst the guests but a helping hand from Furchester team ensures everyone is able to enjoy the show.
The DVD also comes with three postcards, which Busby has very much enjoyed drawing and writing on.
Welcome to The Furchester Hotel DVD was released on Monday 28th September, and we’ve got one copy to give away to a lucky reader! Just use the Rafflecopter below to enter. T&Cs apply. UK Entrants only please. Giveaway ends at 00:00 on 15th October 2015.