My Wild Ones

My Wild Ones // A trip to Filey, 5/52

Hey there! We’re back for another week of My Wild Ones! Thanks so much to everyone who linked up last week.

mums space

I wanted to share Tara’s (Mums Space) post from last week as her photos were gorgeous! They visited their local beach, and it looks like such a beautiful beach to visit.

Our new car arrived last week, and we’ve all been itching to go on an adventure as a family in it, so we decided to visit the beautiful seaside town of Filey over the weekend.

Having grown up in Brighton, and then having the sea pretty much on our doorstep in Sussex, I’ve missed it since we’ve relocated to Yorkshire, so I have been itching to visit the coast up here.

I took my DSLR with me, but actually ended up taking most of these photos on my iPhone 6S, which also arrived last week! (It was a good week.) The camera is fairly awesome, and I’ve been falling in love with iPhone photography again.

filey beach

The weather was divine, so after a hearty fish and chip lunch, we spent a good hour and a half playing in the sand and paddling (in wellies) in the sea.

filey beach

filey beach

It was H-Bear’s first time on the beach, and experiencing sand, so he was enthralled… and spent a lot of time with his tongue out licking the salt off his face.

filey beach

filey beach

filey beach

filey beach

We bought Busby a bucket and spade from a local shop, and she was in her element building sand castles and collecting sand from all over the beach!

filey beach

filey beach

And the day finished with ice cream… Obviously!

filey beach

So over to you…

A few guidelines for linking up:

• Link up one post per week with the theme of My Wild Ones. It could be a post about your child/children exploring inside or out; the idea is that it’s a photo project of candid childhood photography.
  • The post can be a one photo, a series of photos, or a combination of text and photos.
  • Comment on at least one other blog.
  • Please pop the badge at the bottom of your blog post!
  • Don’t forget to tag me on Twitter – @mamamakedopush – and I’ll retweet your posts as many times as you share them! You could also use #MyWildOnes to share, if you fancy.
  • Linky opens every Thursday and closes the following Monday.
MyWildOnes

I can’t wait to see what you’ve all been up to!

1. Hannah

4th February 2016 at 7:15 am

What lovely photos and that blue sky!!!
    Hannah recently posted…Valentine’s Day Gift Guide || SnapfishMy Profile

2. Sarah

4th February 2016 at 9:45 am

Stunning pics, I love the beach. Brighton is our closest one, albeit a 40 minute drive away. But my Dad lives on the Isle of Sheppey now, a stones throw from a lovely little beach. Sarah #MyWildOnes
    Sarah recently posted…Walking the North Downs WayMy Profile

3. Rachel

4th February 2016 at 10:04 am

What lovely photos…I’m jealous of such a good phone camera! I love winter beach days, just right to blow the cobwebs away! Looks like you had a great time x
    Rachel recently posted…3 & 4/52My Profile

4. Mums Space (Tara)

4th February 2016 at 5:19 pm

Oh wow, we may have pretty beach huts at our beach but you have definitely got the best sand! I’d never of guessed they were iPhone photos until I read it! xx
    Mums Space (Tara) recently posted…My Wild Ones | 5My Profile

5. Hannah Budding Smiles

4th February 2016 at 6:28 pm

Oh my goodness, such beautiful pics and I adore H-Bear’s coat! Thanks for hosting lovely xx
    Hannah Budding Smiles recently posted…Tickle Tots Cloth Nappy ReviewMy Profile

6. emilyandindiana

4th February 2016 at 8:55 pm

Wow, I can’t believe these are taken on an iPhone, they’re amazing!! Filey is beautiful, I wish Brighton had more sand haha xx
    emilyandindiana recently posted…Parker’s 6 Month Update // Happy Half Birthday!My Profile

7. Sarah (@tobygoesbananas)

5th February 2016 at 8:23 am

It looks like you all had a great time – I’m not a big beach fan but having grown up in Blackpool I don’t like to be too far from the sea, I love the concentration on Busby’s face too – she isn’t losing any of that ice cream is she?
    Sarah (@tobygoesbananas) recently posted…What Toby Wore // The Princess and the FrockMy Profile

8. Training Mummy

5th February 2016 at 8:49 pm

What wonderful photos! Love how bright and colourful they are! Looks like you all had a fun day. Think we will have to schedule a beach day
    Training Mummy recently posted…Toddler’s TogsMy Profile