My Wild Ones // Tales from the sandpit, 12/52
Hi!! We’re back for another week of My Wild Ones! Thank you to everyone who linked up last week.
I really enjoyed this post by Mel (The Belgian, the Brit and the Baby) last week. They visited one of our favourite places in Yorkshire – Yorkshire Sculpture Park – to explore the funky new Kaws exhibition! I think we’re going to have to take Busby soon, as I know she’d love these unusual sculptures.
So this week…
Nick and I have been talking about getting a sandpit for the children for a few weeks now; we have a sand and water table, but H-Bear is still too little for playing with this, and we thought a sandpit would be a fun activity that both children could enjoy together. So we headed out this weekend to find one!
They both loved playing in the shells of the sandpit (sans sand) – with Busby exclaiming “This is my half, and that one is H-Bear’s!”
The sandpit (with sand) has had mixed reviews – mostly because the sand was a little wet still!
H-Bear was rather tentative in the sandpit… and once he discovered that the sand wasn’t edible he began waving a red plastic spade, and asking for a cuddle.
Busby was very excited once it was all set up, and couldn’t wait to get in it. She loved being “buried” by Nick – and I’m sure that will become a regular request!
I’m certain the sandpit will become more popular as the weather improves and the sand dries out!
So over to you…
A few guidelines for linking up:
- Link up one post per week with the theme of My Wild Ones. It could be a post about your child/children exploring inside or out; the idea is that it’s a photo project of candid childhood photography.
- The post can be a one photo, a series of photos, or a combination of text and photos.
- Comment on at least one other blog.
- Please pop the badge at the bottom of your blog post!
- Don’t forget to tag me on Twitter – @mamamakedopush – and I’ll retweet your posts as many times as you share them! You could also use #MyWildOnes to share, if you fancy.
- Linky opens every Thursday and closes the following Monday.
I can’t wait to see what you’ve all been up to!