My Wild Ones

My Wild Ones // Tales from the sandpit, 12/52

Hi!! We’re back for another week of My Wild Ones! Thank you to everyone who linked up last week.

belgian brit baby

I really enjoyed this post by Mel (The Belgian, the Brit and the Baby) last week. They visited one of our favourite places in Yorkshire – Yorkshire Sculpture Park – to explore the funky new Kaws exhibition! I think we’re going to have to take Busby soon, as I know she’d love these unusual sculptures.

So this week…

Nick and I have been talking about getting a sandpit for the children for a few weeks now; we have a sand and water table, but H-Bear is still too little for playing with this, and we thought a sandpit would be a fun activity that both children could enjoy together. So we headed out this weekend to find one!

They both loved playing in the shells of the sandpit (sans sand) – with Busby exclaiming “This is my half, and that one is H-Bear’s!”

sandpit tales

The sandpit (with sand) has had mixed reviews – mostly because the sand was a little wet still!

H-Bear was rather tentative in the sandpit… and once he discovered that the sand wasn’t edible he began waving a red plastic spade, and asking for a cuddle.

sandpit tales

sandpit tales

sandpit tales

Busby was very excited once it was all set up, and couldn’t wait to get in it. She loved being “buried” by Nick – and I’m sure that will become a regular request!

sandpit tales

sandpit tales

sandpit tales

I’m certain the sandpit will become more popular as the weather improves and the sand dries out!

So over to you…

A few guidelines for linking up:

• Link up one post per week with the theme of My Wild Ones. It could be a post about your child/children exploring inside or out; the idea is that it’s a photo project of candid childhood photography.
  • The post can be a one photo, a series of photos, or a combination of text and photos.
  • Comment on at least one other blog.
  • Please pop the badge at the bottom of your blog post!
  • Don’t forget to tag me on Twitter – @mamamakedopush – and I’ll retweet your posts as many times as you share them! You could also use #MyWildOnes to share, if you fancy.
  • Linky opens every Thursday and closes the following Monday.
MyWildOnes

I can’t wait to see what you’ve all been up to!

1. Sophie

24th March 2016 at 8:17 am

Looks like a lot of fun, we’ve certainly had the weather for it. Sometimes I’ve felt colder inside than out, do that is a good excuse to get out into the sunshine. Also, I love Busby’s leggings!
    Sophie X
    Sophie recently posted…Alexander and the Toddlebike2 | My Wild OnesMy Profile

2. You Baby Me Mummy

24th March 2016 at 8:26 am

Ah gorgeous pictures huni, love the last one! Baby is obsessed with the sandpit but I am trying to make her forget about it until the weather improves! Thanks for hosting huni xx

3. EmilyandIndiana

24th March 2016 at 8:51 am

Ooh I bet they had loads of fun! I love bubsy’s face paint xx
    EmilyandIndiana recently posted…My Wild Ones #10 | The ParkMy Profile

4. Fran Back With A Bump

24th March 2016 at 9:02 am

Lovely photo and such a nice idea to play outside we even when it’s not the best weather. Can’t beat a bit of fresh air! #mywildones

5. Sarah

24th March 2016 at 9:54 am

We were talking about the sand table last week, it’s at my Mum’s house as we don’t have a garden. Fin loves it, but our girls have outgrown it now. They grow up way too fast. Lovely photos. Sarah #MyWildOnes
    Sarah recently posted…Beautiful Box HillMy Profile

6. Mackenzie Glanville

24th March 2016 at 11:32 am

Oh I love these pics, super cute! We had a huge sandpit when Aspen and April were small, Aspen used to lie in it and make sand angels which drove me crazy with having to wash her very long and sand filled hair. Good memories now though. April was never a huge sand fan, but Aspen and Adam love the beach and making sandcastles. #mywildones

7. karen

24th March 2016 at 1:29 pm

Sand pits are the BEST. We still have one and my kids still love to get in and play at aged almost 6 and 9. They look like they are having such fun in those photos! Thanks for hosting. Hope mine is ok!
    karen recently posted…My Wild Ones – when a place is so close but you have never explored it…My Profile

8. Sarah (@tobygoesbananas)

24th March 2016 at 9:55 pm

I can’t believe you’ve had nice enough weather for playing in a sand pit! We’ve had a bit of sun but it still hasn’t been warm. I’m a terrible mother though – I hate sand so my two won’t be getting a sand pit any time soon, No post from me this week either – we don’t seem to have done much and I can’t find enough hours in the day for blogging this week some how. I’ll be back next week though 🙂
    Sarah (@tobygoesbananas) recently posted…JOHNSON’S 3 step bedtime routine challenge // The resultsMy Profile

9. Hannah Budding Smiles

1st April 2016 at 7:22 pm

Ah such gorgeous photos! Sand pits do rock, I’d like to get Toby one this year xx
    Hannah Budding Smiles recently posted…Tickle Tots Wet Bag Review For Cloth NappiesMy Profile