Mama Style // Summer Style Wish List
After a week of glorious sunshine on Lake Como I’ve struggled to adjust to the tempestuous British weather, and I have a sneaky suspicion that the weather might be teasing us at the moment… But nevertheless, we can still dream that our summer might be more than the 2-3 days of hot weather we encountered last weekend, and therefore I have created a summer style wish list for the warmer days that may or may not occur in the coming months (I’m going back to Italy if they don’t!).
I love this outfit combo. As regular readers will know, I’m a huge fan of yellow, so I’m glad to see so much yellow for sale again this year!:
1. Yellow cardigan (£14). I’m a big fan of cardigans, as one of my body hang-ups is my arms, so I get a little warm in summer with my stubbornness about not exposing the world to them (ridiculous I know). I love this short cardigan as it covers the part of me I don’t want on show, and will go with lots of things in my wardrobe!
2. Statement necklace (£25). My friend Gemma from Sugar & Rhubarb posted this on Instagram yesterday which really resonated with me and got me thinking about my “Mum Style”. I think this necklace would be the perfect statement piece for a yellow-lover like me!
3. Harem Jersey Trousers (£20). I’m obsessed with these trousers and am thinking of buying them for BritMums Live next month. Aren’t they fabulous?? They’d be ideal smart/casual wear from work to post-work dinner too. Not I work in an office anymore… or go out for post-work dinners… But if I did!
4. Sandals (£62). Ooh these leather sandals are divine! I’m usually a flipflop girl, but I would happily convert for a pair of these. The yellow and brown contrast is delicious.
5. Jungle maxi-dress (£29). The print of this dress is so on trend! I love the layered style too. If I was still breastfeeding I would be adapting this so I could feed in it.
6. Floral skater dress (£50). I love the print of this dress as it’s reminiscent of Cath Kidston. So many different colours to accessorise with too. Fabulous!
7. Ankle Boots (£40). And finally… because as I write this the clouds are threatening rain, I’m working underneath a duvet, and am considering putting the heating on… these boots are so cool, and would look fantastic with a pair of jeggings. Practical, stylish, Mama wear!
Have you got your summer wardrobe started yet? What’s in yours (other than woolly jumpers and thick socks)??