A whole year of H-Bear.
It’s been a whirlwind of a year on not very much sleep, a lot of gorgeous cuddles, and so much love. As Nick regularly says: “I’ve never known anyone to love someone so much”, and it’s true – this little boy adores me. (And I adore him!) He is the epitome of a Mummy’s Boy – and I am making the most of it while it lasts!
At one, H-Bear:
- Has four, almost five, teeth.
- Can walk eight steps unaided and is improving daily!
- Can say “Mama”, “Dada” and “Hello”. H-Bear loves to say “hello” to people while in his pushchair or trike – but gets a little shy when they say “hello” back!
- Can crawl faster than the speed of light. Ok, this might be a slight exaggeration…
- Has slept through the night a handful of times.
At one year H-Bear loves:
- Raspberry jam sandwiches, and will devour them quicker than I can make my own sandwich.
- Co-sleeping with me. If he had his own way, he’d sleep with me every night with Nick on the sofa bed!
- Waking up next to me. I’m on the receiving end of the biggest smile when H-Bear wakes up next to me.
- Nick coming home from work. H-Bear speedily crawls to him and asks for a cuddle.
- Busby. Everything she does is a source of amusement or amazement!
- Brushing his teeth. Honestly, it’s one of his favourite things. And washing his hands in the sink.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Pop-up Puppet Book.
H-Bear still has his milk and soya allergies. We were hoping it would be something he’d grow out of, and he still might – we’ll be starting the milk ladder soon. The land of allergies was completely unknown to us a year ago, but it has helped us be more healthy with our eating choices – and encouraged us to stop relying on processed food so much when we’re feeling lazy.
He still has so many different faces! I think he looks like a different person daily, but one thing is for certain – he definitely looks like Nick! I occasionally see bits of myself in his face – and when he sleeps he looks just like Busby.
So to my little boy on your first birthday; I wish you another year of happiness, hopefully a bit more sleep, and lots of laughter. I can’t wait to have more adventures with you, and watch you grow and explore the world. Hopefully it won’t go quite so quickly…! Oh, and maybe refrain from starting the Terrible Twos early like your sister did?