My Wild Ones // Friends, Picnics & Inappropriate Sculptures, 24/52
Hello! Welcome to My Wild Ones! Thank you so much to everyone who linked up last week!
This week’s My Wild Ones features our adventure to Yorkshire Sculpture Park (YSP) last Wednesday.
I was the first person in my friendship group to have a baby, so when I was pregnant with Busby I took to Twitter to find people in a similar whale-like boat to me. I discovered quite a few ladies who were pregnant and due around the same time, and so we became the Mid-Winter Mums! All of the kids were born within 10 days of each other.
We meet up every few months/years; sometimes as four mamas with the children, sometimes just as a four, sometimes in smaller groups for lunch or play dates. Every time we see each other we pick up where we left off – it’s never awkward, the conversation flows, and we always laugh. It’s joyous.
Our group has expanded by two since my wedding with the new additions of H-Bear and Baby J, and the group is due to expand again in December!
Last week we met up for a picnic and a wander around YSP. It was a beautifully warm day, and we spent the whole day there; exploring, eating cake, and catching up. The kids got on like a house on fire (the last time they’d seen each other all together was our wedding back in 2014 when they were all quite diddy still), and Busby had all of the boys wrapped around her little finger by the end of the day!
We were also in time to see the KAWS exhibition, which I’ve been wanting to see for ages. The sculptures were awesome – in both senses of the word.
I hope we don’t leave it almost two years to meet up all together again!
I really enjoyed this post from Merlinda (Pixie Dusk) about her son’s crafty afternoon! The garland was gorgeous and a craft I’ll definitely be trying with the kids.
Over to you…
A few guidelines for linking up:
- Link up one post per week with the theme of My Wild Ones. It could be a post about your child/children exploring inside or out; the idea is that it’s a photo project of candid childhood photography.
- The post can be a one photo, a series of photos, or a combination of text and photos.
- Comment on at least one other blog.
- Please pop the badge at the bottom of your blog post!
- Don’t forget to tag me on Twitter – @mamamakedopush – and I’ll retweet your posts as many times as you share them! You could also use #MyWildOnes to share, if you fancy.
- Linky opens every Thursday and closes the following Monday.
I can’t wait to see what you’ve all been up to!