My Wild Ones // Week One in Sussex, 33/52
We’re back in Sussex for another three weeks, and even though we were only down here a month ago, it’s still so lovely to be back! The weather has been amazing so far, and we’ve been out exploring every single day. I love being back in Sussex – it’s just so easy to get around and there is SO much to do all the time. Both children are going to bed absolutely shattered every night… and I’m not far behind them!
Nick drove us down on Saturday, and then returned to Yorkshire on Sunday, but we managed to fit in a picnic in Lewes before he left.
We then spent the rest of the afternoon in my Granny’s garden with two of my cousins, which the kids absolutely adored! They had wheel barrow rides and played ball games with them, while I had a hot cup of tea!
On Monday morning we went back to my Granny’s for another play, and then got the paddling pool out in my Mum’s garden, which both children adored.
We headed down to Brighton on Tuesday morning to catch up with Chelle (The Mumington Post). We had a yummy picnic at the Level, while the children caused chaos in the water fountains and played in the amazing playground. I then took Busby and H-Bear to Boho Gelato for Brighton’s best ice cream! H-Bear could even have some as the rhubarb and blackberry was dairy and soya-free!
Wednesday was a bit more of a chilled day. I took H-Bear for a walk around Lindfield to get him off to nap, and then we met up with my Mum and Busby for an iced bun outside the bakers, before feeding the ducks and visiting the beautiful toy shop in Lindfield. H-Bear is now the proud owner of his own Flopsy bunny! We had a relaxed afternoon out of the heat, as both children had had enough of the hot weather by that point.
We’ve got so much planned for the next few days, and I can’t wait to share the next part of our adventure with you! It’s my birthday next week, so Franki (Wonderful Chaos) will be hosting next week for me so I can spend the day drinking prosecco and not on the laptop!
I loved this post from Emily (Emily and Indiana) last week with the focus on Indiana. The photos were so wonderful, and I loved her outfit!
Over to you…
A few guidelines for linking up:
- Link up one post per week with the theme of My Wild Ones. It could be a post about your child/children exploring inside or out; the idea is that it’s a photo project of candid childhood photography.
- The post can be a one photo, a series of photos, or a combination of text and photos.
- Comment on at least one other blog.
- Please pop the badge at the bottom of your blog post
- Don’t forget to tag me on Twitter – @mamamakedopush – and I’ll retweet your posts as many times as you share them! You could also use #MyWildOnes to share, if you fancy.
- Linky opens every and closes the following Monday.