H-Bear // 16 months
Only two months to go until this munchkin is a year and a half! Wow!
This month has seen H-Bear’s language skills developing. He still doesn’t have many words, but his intonations are building and he garbles away in full sentences… in his own language!
He’s currently suffering from his first proper cold and therefore hasn’t slept particularly well for the past few nights. It’s a shame really, as I feel like we’d cracked the sleeping issue with almost three weeks without a wake-up, but this pesky cold has certainly rocked the boat.
At 16 months, H-Bear:
- Has eight teeth! Hurrah! Two molars have finally decided to pop through.
- Enjoys a rendition of Old MacDonald and does a fabulous “ee-ii-ee-ii-oo”.
- He also knows that a horse neighs and a duck quacks.
H-Bear loves being outside! He needs the space to run around and the time to explore. I’ve found that if I don’t take him for a morning walk, the energy builds up and turns into naughtiness/cheekiness, so I’m very thankful that the local green space has re-opened for these morning expeditions. We spend most of the walk following dogs around… Although I showed him sycamore helicopters last week and he found it a hilarious activity!
At 16 months, H-Bear loves:
- Anything with wheels. He’s commandeered a number of Busby’s toy cars and will happily play for hours just pushing them around.
- Go Jetters, Twirly Woos and Sarah & Duck.
- 10 Little Fingers and 10 Little Toes by Mem Fox and Helen Oxbury.
- Ketchup… I made the mistake of introducing H-Bear to ketchup this month… He will happily just spoon it into his mouth…!
H-Bear is still attending his swimming lessons, but Nick has started going in the pool with him instead of me. He seems to relax a bit more and doesn’t cling to Nick for life, so I think we’re going to continue with this dynamic. It also means that I get some solo time with Busby, which is always appreciated.