H-Bear // 17 months
17 months old! Wow! My baby has well and truly turned into a toddler this month…
Another month closer to two, and the ‘Terrible Twos’ are beginning to inch their way through into H-Bear’s personality. I shouldn’t be surprised really; Busby started her Terrible Twos around now!
This month, H-Bear has:
- Gained two back molars, so he now has 8 teeth.
- Started putting words together – he flung our bedroom door open shouting “It Mama!” the other morning.
- Started to ‘sing’.
- Had a couple of growth spurts!
This month, H-Bear loves:
- We’re going on a bear hunt and knows exactly where to say “Uh-oh”.
- Licking the spoon when we’re making (H-Bear friendly) cakes.
- Dairy and soya-free mince pies! He had his first one this month, so I’m going to get baking in the next week.
- Spaghetti bolognese… but just the bolognese part!
- Go Jetters! Especially when they say “To the vroomster!” and he tries to join in.
- Cars (or anything with wheels). Watching them out of the window. Playing with them.
- Cardboard boxes.
We’re going to start looking into Nurseries and Child Minders in the next few weeks for the new year. This is mostly so H-Bear can socialise more with other children, especially children his own age. It will also mean that I’ll have more time to work. I feel so worried about ‘letting him go’ which is ridiculous really, as it will do us both the world of good – but I’m concerned about his milk and soya allergy, and whether a Nursery will be able to cater/pay attention to this. I guess thorough researching is in order!
Only one month to go until he’s 18 months old… *wails “where did my baby go?!”. Sobs into a piece of cake and tries to convince Nick that we should have another baby*