H-Bear // 19 months
19 months of H-Bear… And one step closer to two!
After my post last month about H now fitting into Busby’s iconic raindrop coat, I ended up buying him two coats in the Zara sale! It felt too strange seeing him in her coat every day, so I think I’ll be washing the raindrops and sending them into the loft for any children Busby may have in the future.
This month, H-Bear:
- Has been to the dentist for the first time. And he didn’t hate the experience! He doesn’t have as many teeth as the dentist would expect him to have at this age, but his reflux and allergies may have delayed their development – and she’s not worried! So that’s a relief!
- Has been shunning the pushchair – and has been wonderfully well-behaved out of it; holding my hand when requested. There have been some lovely moments on the way back from picking Busby up from school where all three of us have been holding hands.
- Experienced snow for the first time! And wasn’t the biggest fan!
- Has commandeered a tractor… My children have a talent of getting into tractor cabs. I hope this is a skill that will be transferrable when they’re older…!
This month, H-Bear loves:
- Sausages and blueberries. Not together I hasten to add… But I think he could happily live off these two things!
- Mud. Jumping in. Touching. Picking up. He LOVES mud!
- The Owl Babies by Martin Waddell. We’ve read it over and over and over again this month. I think he can relate to Bill…
- Mummy. He seems to be even more attached to me this month, which is lovely in so many ways but, at the same time, makes it completely heartbreaking when I have to leave him – or even leave a room…!
- Most things with wheels.
- Dancing. I’ve been thinking about looking into Baby Ballet classes (or similar) for him, as he loves dancing and has so much musicality already. He’s also started singing this month.
- Soft Play… Well, other than the germs contracted! We had lots of fun climbing and sliding in Lewes the other day – he went down the big slide all by himself!
H-Bear is the child who just needs an open space and woods to explore. On the days that Busby has preschool, we go out for walks in the morning and he’s always happiest splashing in a muddy puddle! I can’t wait for the weather to keep getting better so we can continue exploring!