Siblings // March 2017

siblings march 2017This month’s Siblings photos were taken on Filey beach last week. The sun was shining, Nick took an annual leave day, and we all piled in the car (via Waitrose for picnic goodies) to the seaside.

The beaches in Yorkshire are amazing. Having grown up with Brighton beach as my back garden (my first family home was opposite the West Pier in Brighton), I find a sandy beach to be such a wondrous novelty. I think, if we didn’t have to be near a hospital for Nick’s job, then we’d move to the seaside in a heartbeat. Daily (slightly sandy) jam sandwiches, children dressed solely in Boden and Fair Isle knits, and lots of rock pooling is the dream… I basically wish our lives were a Famous Five novel…!

There was a fair amount of waiting around on our trip, as when we arrived the tide was only just starting to go out. Consequently, we sat in the beach garden that overlooks the sea and ate our sandwiches and strawberries in the sun.

The children started to get itchy feet after an hour, so we decided to go for a walk along the promenade to part of the bay that looked a lot more sandy than where we had parked. I’m so glad we did, as we discovered these amazing rainbow beach huts!

siblings march 2017

siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017

There were also some pretty cool old planes flying over the beach – and both children LOVED watching them.

siblings march 2017

siblings march 2017

Finally the tide was out enough for building sandcastles and making moats, so we wandered down onto the beach… where H-Bear promptly sat in a pool of water!

siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017

siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017 siblings march 2017

We played on the beach for a couple of hours, until Busby decided it was time for an ice cream (it’s never too cold for ice cream), and H-Bear needed a nap.

I can’t wait to go back!

Follow me:  Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // YouTube // Pinterest // BlogLovin’
The Me and Mine Project

1. 15th March 2017 / 8:53 am

I love days at the beach. We haven’t been to the beach in a while. We used to live close to the beach but not we need to do a bit of a drive. Hopefully the weather will pick up soon. #siblingsproject

2. 15th March 2017 / 11:12 am

Oh I love the beach too! We live fairly close to the sea and always have but ours is pebbly and my favourite kind of beach is one with sand and rock pools and secret caves and sand dunes and cliffs…. I think life in a Famous Five novel sounds pretty perfect too! xx

3. 15th March 2017 / 11:18 am

Every time you share a photo from your beach day I get a little pang of jealousy and a desperate need to be near the sea! I’m hoping the weather will be kind and we can have a drive out to Whitby next Saturday! Cross your fingers for me x

4. 15th March 2017 / 12:32 pm

Beautiful photos. I do wish we lived nearer to beaches, looks like your two had so much fun x

5. 15th March 2017 / 9:35 pm

I grew up in South Devon where most beaches are shingle and the sandy ones are little coves so the first time I came to Hull to see John and we went to the beach was eye opening – Bridlington and Hornsea are our favourites and they’re so big and flat and open – gorgeous skies and gorgeous pictures of your lovely two 🙂

6. 16th March 2017 / 10:34 am

I love Filey, you’re making me desperate to go back there, we haven’t been for a couple of years. Beautiful photos x

7. 18th March 2017 / 6:21 pm

Ahh I love them running wild and free on the beach without a care in the world. So lovely. You can see how truly happy they are in every photo. Do they ever stop smiling ever? Or bicker together? They look too picture perfect I love it. These are gorgeous. #siblingsproject

8. 19th March 2017 / 12:53 pm

I had to chuckle a bit at the mention of Brighton’s famously pebbled beach, but still what a great place to grow up! We have West Wittering local to us here which is a bit more like Yorkshire than Brighton!

9. 19th March 2017 / 8:28 pm

It’s definitely never too cold for ice cream! Sounds like such a wonderful trip – the seaside always feels so special to me. Gorgeous photos of your as always xx

10. 21st March 2017 / 4:14 pm

Gorgeous photos! And looks like you had a lovely sunny day for your trip! We live in Swansea and really love being so close to the beach, I don’t think you can beat it. x