What Busby Wore // Magnificent Stanley at 4
Beautiful, Sussex-based childrenswear brand Magnificent Stanley turned four this week! Yay!
Busby has been wearing Magnificent Stanley since the very beginning (just look at her here) – and I’m so proud that we’ve continued to be part of Becky’s amazing journey.
Last week, Busby and I had a mini shoot, wearing her new ‘4’ tee, to celebrate Magnificent Stanley’s birthday. You might have seen some of the photos over on Instagram already, but I couldn’t resist sharing them on here too. We even had a confetti popper from Pops of Colour (another fabulous Sussex-based company)… the only thing missing was cake!
There’s a little interview with Becky below, if you’d like to read more about Magnificent Stanley four years on.
1. What’s your favourite thing about running Magnificent Stanley? Working from home around my children. I also love working in my pyjamas!
2. What has been your greatest achievement so far? Keeping my business going through a tough pregnancy! Also, taking almost 3000 orders in the 3 years I have had my website. Since most people order more than one item, that means I’ve made a LOT of personalised tops!
3. What has been your most memorable moment in the business? My most memorable moment would be my first real photo shoot with a professional photographer. I still love the photos now.
4. What has been the hardest thing about running Magnificent Stanley? Work / Life balance. It’s so hard having to be available to answer emails as well as getting orders made, all whilst trying to spend quality time with my family.
5. Which has been your favourite Liberty print that you’ve worked with so far? It’s really hard to choose a favourite. I have to say I never tire of Claire-Aude and Margaret Annie though.
6. Do you have a Liberty print that you absolutely adore, but haven’t used? Yes, Wildflowers is so beautiful. Too beautiful to share!
7. What do you hope to achieve in the next year? Just keep my business going, and keep it special. It’s important to me to stay small and keep the quality consistently the best it can be. I never want to give up the personal touch, no matter how time consuming it is.
8. Do you have any advice for someone wanting to start their own business? Be original. Be kind. You get back what you give out.
9. What do you wish you’d known four years ago about running Magnificent Stanley? How ruthless people can be. You need a thick skin to run a creative business!
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Do what makes you happy.
Busby’s t-shirt is made from Margaret Annie Liberty fabric.
Pop on over to the Magnificent Stanley website to browse the whole range.