Siblings // August 2017

This month’s Siblings photos were taken while we were strawberry, raspberry and blackberry picking at The Balloon Tree, just outside of York, last weekend.

The Balloon Tree is one of our favourite places to visit in Yorkshire. The playground is fab, the cake is always incredible and they serve great coffee – what else could you want as a parent? They also have seasonal P.Y.O fields. We were there last October for pumpkin picking, so we decided to try our hand at summer fruits this time.

Busby was a natural! She picked the biggest, juiciest strawberries, plucked the blackberries like a pro, and even managed to find a few raspberries (they were almost completely picked dry).

H-Bear put himself in charge of tasting… and ended up with a very red chin by the time our punnets were full.

I think a blackberry and apple crumble might be in order, as we’re starting to get that autumnal chill up here in Yorkshire. I must admit that I’m desperately looking forward to wearing tights, jumpers and photographing in beautiful autumnal light again.

August has been a busy one for us. We were down in Sussex at the beginning of the month, staying with my mum for a week. I don’t think we really stopped during that week at all! Since then, the children have been spending lots of time with Nick’s parents so I can catch up on work, and in between those days we’ve been trying to have some chill out time!

We’re off to the Lake District later this week to celebrate my 30th birthday – and I can’t wait! Regular readers may remember that our Lake District adventure in June ended in illness for both children, so I have everything crossed we’ll be exploring our favourite place without too much vomit this time!

H-Bear has adored having Busby around every single day during the summer holidays. It’s going to be such an adjustment for him when she starts school in three weeks.

He will begin his own adventure though: H-Bear starts at his farm nursery one day a week! We’re also going to start swimming again and find some classes to keep us busy during the other four days!

Follow me:  Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // YouTube // Pinterest // BlogLovin’
The Siblings Project - Dear Beautiful

1. 15th August 2017 / 9:38 pm

Lovely photos Hannah! And I need those outfits for my two. Gorgeous x

2. 16th August 2017 / 11:57 am

I love all of these photos! We’ve never been fruit picking at all, but it looks like so much fun, and a great place for a photo session! x

3. 16th August 2017 / 6:24 pm

Oh she’s such a cool dude isn’t she? Those sunglasses!! And he is just a poppet!! Love them! xx #Siblingsproject

4. 20th August 2017 / 9:33 pm

What beautiful photos, you always seem to capture moments so well! Parker put himself in charge of tasting when we went to our PYO too – cheeky boys huh haha xx

5. 23rd August 2017 / 5:35 pm

These are just darling. I always love seeing your photos babes always full of fun, laughter, and creativity in their light and angles. Just stunning. I have wanted to take my kids to pick your own fruit farms so long. I couldn’t find any here near us but definitely something I need to remember for spring next year before we leave the UK. So much fun and adventure. #siblingsproject

6. 26th August 2017 / 8:42 pm

PYOs and great cake… they always seem to come together!! Gorgeous photos of your gorgeous two! Nothing like a bit of farm fun for your sibling photos! Hope the upcoming holiday is less ‘ill’ than the last!

7. 30th August 2017 / 10:53 pm

Such lovely pictures Hannah – it looks like you had a fab time. It’s definitely going to be a big change for the littles when their siblings start school next week isn’t it? I don’t think Gabe’s going to know what’s going on! (And I love Busby’s dress BTW) #SiblingsProject