I didn’t do a whole lot of baby wearing with Busby; she’s always been a very independent soul and much preferred the pushchair. Oh, and she was a baby who would actually let me put her down! Indy is the complete opposite; he’s something of a Velcro baby… to the extreme. So the only way I’ve been able to get anything done, go anywhere, or parent the Toddler too, has been through wearing him.
Enter the fabulous Papoozle.
I’ve got to admit that initially I wasn’t too sure of the Papoozle. We’d been using a very lightweight stretchy wrap in the first few days of Indy being on the planet; Summer arrived the afternoon he did (I like to think that was his doing!), and in comparison, the Papoozle looked bulky and too warm for the hot, sunny days. But then one day, when the weather was a bit chillier, I decided to take the Papoozle out for a whirl, and I can honestly say we haven’t used the other wrap since.
I could wax lyrical for hours about the Papoozle (and if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll have had a small taste of this already) and how it’s saved my sanity on a number of occasions. There is no doubt in my mind that it is a fantastic product; a sling-cum-carrier that is so SO easy to use that even the most uncoordinated amongst you (that would be me then) would be able to work it out. It most certainly is a “Hug above the rest”.
Indy is a very gripey baby; his tummy causes him lots of problems, and as a result hates being on his back. So putting him down to do tasks or tend to Busby is often out of the question. The Papoozle has been a lifesaver; Monsieur Velcro loves being so close to my heart and chest, he’s in his most comfortable position, and he usually falls straight asleep once Papoozled up! In fact, there have been a few mornings where he’s been fussing since 4am and, after a few hours of cluster feeding, I’ve popped him in the carrier, and he’s relaxed and snoozed almost immediately.
It’s magic I tell you! Magic!
Here’s what else my sanity and I have loved about the Papoozle:
- It’s so comfortable to wear. I have found that other slings and carriers have resulted in backache, but I can wear the Papoozle all morning or afternoon without a twinge. The thick belt at the bottom of the carrier really helps assist with supporting the lower back, which makes it more wearable than a regular fabric wrap sling.
- As I’ve said above, it’s ridiculously easy to use. I have been known to sob at wrap sling instructions before because I’m dreadfully uncoordinated (and a wee bit sleep deprived), but the instructions were simple and not daunting in the slightest. They’re also memorable, so you don’t have that awkward moment in town where you’ve completely forgotten how to wrap the sling and have to fire up ol’ faithful YouTube for a helping hand… We’ve all been there?! Anyone?! Looking for a friend here…
- It’s made from super soft cotton, and the padding around the sides of the sling keeps your baby wonderfully cocooned inside. My only qualm with the fabric is that it’s quite heavy, so not ideal for hot days, but quite frankly we live in the UK (and I live in Yorkshire) so it’s not like we get many hot days, and it’s ideal for every other season.
- The design ensures that your baby is carried with knee-to-knee support for healthy hip positioning. This is something that is SO important for your baby and their hips – a lot of carriers on the market don’t have this feature, which can result in injury and, consequently, an operation to fix.
- It’s machine washable at 30° – which is ironic, as while I type, Indy has just decided to spit up whilst inside the Papoozle. Ah Motherhood.
- The Papoozle comes in a range of lovely colours – I opted for teal, as it goes with almost everything in my wardrobe, but you can also choose from Stone or Black.
The Papoozle costs £49.99 and I believe it’s worth every penny. You can buy yours online on the Papoozle website.
I’ve joined forces with the lovely folk at Papoozle to giveaway one Papoozle Baby Carrier to a very lucky Make, Do and Push! Reader! All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is enter using the Rafflecopter below! T&Cs apply. UK Entrants only please. Giveaway ends on Wednesday 19th August 2015 at 00:00.