We lead busy lives, so it can be tricky to show our nearest and dearest just how much we appreciate them. When you have kids, pets, a partner or a career to look after (or a combination of them all!) time seems to pass in the blink of an eye. The daily grind often leaves little time to show those around us that we care.
That’s why calendar dates like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are a great opportunity to treat our loved ones. With Father’s Day on the horizon, it got me thinking about fun and exciting ways to celebrate. As well as giving him the perfect card and present on the 16th June, why not treat him to something a little out of the ordinary?
Here are some ideas that are sure to put a smile on his face!
- Adrenaline rush – why not treat him to a day he’ll remember by gifting him an exciting experience? Choose something you know he’ll love, like driving a supercar or a skydive (not for the faint-hearted!)
- Dad date – if you rarely spend time together, then set a date aside in your diary just for the two of you. You could simply grab lunch or dinner together, splurge on a shopping trip, or take a trip to the cinema
- Plan a project – starting a project is a great way to spend time with your dad. This could be anything from DIY to a garden transformation
- Take a trip – what better way to celebrate than go on a weekend away? You could plan a trip for the whole family and spend some quality time together!
- A day to remember – why not take a trip down memory lane by visiting some of your favourite childhood spots? It will help you reminisce on good times together
- Outdoor activities – embrace the great outdoors by taking him on a fun excursion like clay pigeon shooting or bird watching
- Be active – if he’s the get-up-and-go type, then plan something active you can do together, such as a bike ride through the countryside (weather depending, it is Britain after all)
- Get competitive – does he like a little healthy competition? Why not challenge him to a friendly family battle? Paintball, go-karting or laser quest are sure to be a success (if you win, of course)
- Wind down – treat him to a pamper by booking a relaxing treatment such as a deep tissue massage
I hope this has given you some inspiration to try something a little different this Father’s Day!